Chapter 3

Alfred helped a shaky Arthur to his feet and they proceeded to towel off and get dressed. After they were finished, they both headed into Arthur's room and laid down on his bed.

The two blondes both laid in silence and enjoyed each others presence. Alfred took Arthur's hand in his and stared at the ceiling. The Brit shifted his gaze towards the American. He noticed that Alfred's eyes had a hint of sadness. Arthur frowned.

"Was it something I did?" He questioned. Alfred turned away from the ceiling and gave Arthur a confused glance. "In the bath, I mean."

"No. You were amazing. As always." He said with his signature smirk. He gave Arthur's arm a little nudge. His face changed again afterwards.

"Then whats wrong love?" Arthur asked. He shifted himself so he was lying with his chest against Alfred's side. His arm was laid across Alfred chest as a comforting gesture.

"Mm, just thinking about life."

"The good things about it?"

"No."

Arthur let out a heavy sigh and snuggled into the American.

"Please Alfred, don't think of those things. They're in the past now. Live in the present." Arthur said. It was times like these where he decided to say some inspirational quotes. Alfred always found them cheesy, so it earned a little giggle from him. It seemed as if he and Alfred were connected somehow... When Arthur feels one way, Alfred began to feel the same just moments later.

"You're right Artie."

Alfred turned and planted a chaste kiss on Arthur's lips. The American pulled away with his eyes wide and practically shining. Their talks really cheered him up sometimes.

"Hey! We should Skype Mattie!" Alfred said excitedly. He was already off the bed and in Arthur's desk chair. Before Arthur could say 'okay,' Alfred had ready started the call.

Pretty soon, Matthew's face, along with Gilbert's, popped up on the screen.

"Hey guys!" Alfred exclaimed in his loud voice. Matthew gave a quiet 'hello' and a little wave while Gilbert yelled his greeting.

"So what's going on over there?" The albino asked. Alfred shrugged.

"Not much really. Oh, Arthur got some new piercings!" Alfred said with a grin.

"Let me see!" Matthew demanded. Arthur tucked his still damp hair behind his ears and stuck out his tongue. Matthew grimaced while Gilbert's face lit up. Well, opposites do attract.

"Thats so cool! Did they hurt?" Gilbert asked Arthur excitedly. Arthur pursed his lips and shook his head.

"No, not really. The one on my tongue did sting a little though." Arthur replied. He felt uncomfortable standing so he sat down in Alfred's lap and got comfy.

"And what about you guys? Are you guys all right?" Alfred asked, wrapping his arms around Arthur.

"We're doing ok. Hey Alfie..." Matthew trailed off at the end.

"Yeah bro?"

"I, uh, got a text from mom the other day." Matthew's said. He shivered at past memories. Alfred tensed in his seat.