Ch. 12

Halloween. The time of year where people can dress up as monsters and no one bats an eye. You can be a Bram Stoker's vampire or werewolf, maybe even Batman or a cat. The possibilities were endless. Little Alex was going as, after over a month of changing his mind, his favorite superhero. He wouldn't tell the kings, who were curious since he wanted to be Demetri and Felix and even Alec. He made his mom promise she wouldn't tell so Aro got a little upset when she refised to touch him the past week. Caius got a kick out of his grumbling though so he hugged her as often as possible, making Aro glare at him from across the room.

The three kings were getting dressed in their formal suits, meaning how they normally dressed, as they waited for Candace and Alex to come down.

"Are you sure it looks okay?" The redhead asked for the tenth time.

"Yes, m'lady." Lisa said, fixing a small curl that was not cooperating. "Ya look amazin'."

"You know it's Candace." She laughed. "You don't have to call me that in private or anytime really."

"Then stop freakin' out. Ya look so beautiful, your mere presence will blind the guests."

"That's a bit far fetched, isn't it?"

"Not really." Laci said, slipping on Candace's ballerina like shoes. "I made the dress myself, the kings will have a hard time not staring at you."

"Not more than normal?" Lisa teased.

"They might think of many ways to tear it off." The hybrid smirked.

Candace blushed, her face almost as red as her hair. "You two are terrible!"

"But without us, you'd never have any fun." Laci countered.

The human huffed. "How's Alex's costume coming along?"

"He's ready, we're just waiting on you."

"Is the big guy still jealous?"

"Of course he is. Same with Demetri." Lisa stood up and grabbed her hand. "Are ya ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

In the ballroom, the three kings stood by their Thrones, having just finished greeting a plethora of guests. They waited anxiously for the arrival of their queen.

"My, kings, the Queen is ready." Sexton told them. "As well as the prince."

"Fantastico."(Fantastic.)

When the doors opened, the three kings stood there, standing like statues. When she walked into the room, time seemed to slow down for the kings. She was wearing a beautiful pale pink ball gown with a black lace design. They didn't hear the clattering of heels and assumed she was wearing flats, for that they were grateful after the incident that happened a few weeks back. Her makeup was and hair were magnificently done, courtesy of Lisa by the smirk on her face. Her long red hair was braided in a fishtail braid, them only knowing that due to the women constantly talking about it, her bangs pinned to the side by a small rose clip Alexander had picked out for her. She smiled once she felt the presence of the kings.

(This look was created on Polyvore by Trixter15)