Ch. 4

Marcus just held the small red head in his arms until Caius spoke up.

"Why do you wear those glasses if you cannot see?"

Aro and Marcus glared at their brother and was about to reprimand him, when she laughed.

"Having white eyes makes people stop, stare, and whisper. It got annoying so my grandma bought me these."

"No one would dare speak ill of you now. And if they stare at you it is because you are their new Queen and they must respect you." Caius muttered.

"Queen? Oh that's right, 'Kings' of all vampires'..." she was silent for a moment and realized Aro hasn't really said to much.

"Aro?"

His head perked up at the mention of his name. "Yes, darling?"

"You're quiet... Is something the matter?"

He chuckled. "No, everything is alright-"

"He is afraid to touch you in fear of you being upset with him for using his gift." Marcus spoke up, causing Aro to glare at the back of his head, hoping he would burst into flames in an instant.

"There isn't much to see..."

"It is something I cannot turn off, mia dolce.(my sweet) I cannot pick and chose what I can and cannot see."

"No I mean I havent been able to see anything since I was 10, so you wouldn't be able to see anything."

"I would be able to hear."

She reached her hand out, hoping it was in his general direction, and smiled sweetly. He came over and gently grasped her hand into his. He shut his eyes before going rigid. He became like a statue once more as he went over her thoughts. Abused physically until she went blind then it was mental and verbal abuse. Her father kicking her around and almost... Aro shook his head. Once he opened his eyes, they were black.

"Oh my..." His voice made Candace shiver in fear for a split second, before calming down, somehow knowing he wouldn't hurt her. "You are a remarkable woman, my love." He said as he kissed her cheek, causing her to blush. "I must apologize for I need a moment to compose myself... Jane, please take her into the library for the time being..."

"Brother?" Caius spoke and Marcus glanced in his retreating form.

"We will be with you shortly, darling. I promise." Marcus placed a kiss on her cheek as well as Caius as they parted.

Candace stared of into space, her head cocked to the side, not knowing what had just happened. Jane grasped her hand and lead her out of the room and down the corridor to the hallway.

"Is Aro alright, Jane?"

"The kings just needed a moment to process all that has happened these past few hours." Jane smiled. "Do not worry, they will be fine."

"What he saw... made him angry..." She noted. "Well, what he heard."

"What exactly did he hear, miss?" Felix asked.

Candace sighed, knowing sooner or later it would all come out, so she began her story from the beginning.

CRASH! BANG!

Once again Caius was flinging furniture at the wall. And he wondered why they always had to purchase new ones. Marcus, being the composed of the two, had slammed his fist into the wall beside him, creating a hole. Aro glared out the window, his hands shaking with effort not to join in the destruction.