[18] Part One

I wake up in the bathroom floor to a loud bang on my door. I groan and change my hair. I stand up feeling stiff from sleeping on the bathroom floor and walk to the door.
"Yes?" I ask my voice slightly cracking.
"Good Morning Bee. I need you to help my son and his friends find Alexis. They are asking everyone they know for help." She says. I mental slap myself for forgetting that I probably would have to help them.
"Yes miss. Thank you. I will be ready in twenty minutes." I say walking back into the bathroom. I glance at the clock and see it is seven am on a SATURDAY! Who gets up at seven am? I groan and cut on the hot water and removing my clothes before getting in and letting the hot water relax my tired, sore, and achy body. Mental note: never sleep on the bathroom floor between the toilet and the tub. I wash my hair and my body and quickly get out of the shower that had relaxed me. I dry off and put on my black hoodie and some skinny jeans with my black converses. I throw my hair in a high ponytail and grab my keys even tho it is pointless to drive in the city. I open my door to see Zack standing against the frame of the door. I jump back in the room terrified. He isn't supposed to be here.
"Morning Bee. Ready to help me find my old friend." He asks cautiously taking a step forward. I look into his eyes seeing nothing but worry and sleepiness. He is masking his emotions because the only person he ever opened up to is me and I left him. No wonder he is ticked and worried and tired. He searched all night I bet you.
"Yes but I have to drink my sweet tea and eat my Nutella toast first. I can't break my morning routine. I also have to watch the telly while eating. You are welcome to join me if you want." I say perfecting my British accent. I feel like an imposter but they need to know that I am not a baby. I am going to show them even if takes me till I die. I will prove myself.
"Why can't I read your mind?" Zack suddenly asks. I have a special mind if I don't take my indigo pills that no one knows about. It makes my mind open to read if I don't take the pill then no one can read my mind.
"I don't know but I can read yours. I am glad to think that I am special to have the mind blocking ability. I was born with it." I say walking out leaving him in awe in my room. He walks out and I close the door and lock it. As I walk down the stairs the sound of the tv stops me in my tracks.
"Alexis Ally Addy is officially missing. If you see her please call the number below and tell the officers where and when you saw her. That is all on the missing people report now to the sports with Jackson Kindle." I feel my leg wobble a bit. They call the news? What the actual heck? Why would they do that? I am eighteen years old. I can handle my self. I run the rest of the steps not caring if Zack thought I was weird or not. I walk into the kitchen make my tea and Nutella toast and watch the tv. I watch as it shows a picture of me when I a tad bit younger and my eyes looked happier. I don't remember this picture being taken.
"When did you guys take that photo of her? It is full of raw emotion. It looks amazing." I compliment him. He shrugs.
"I took it when I gave her her promise ring. The ring that promised her that one day I would wed her one day. I described the picture of her face to an art hero and drew it then used his power to make it a real photo." Zack says. His face going emotionless and his tone going monotoned. He put his hand on a little chain around his neck and pulled out the ring. I sucked in a breath and turned away. I can't give in yet. I can prove myself then when they think they have her turn back into me and walk in the house as if nothing happened. They will probably kill me then cry and hug me. I smile as a memory of when we were playing man hunt came to my mind.
I was hiding in the a.c. unit. It was empty because it was worthless to us. We had emptied it and make it a medium size safe. I was like thirteen and really small. I had told the boys that I would make it past half way this time and this is the only place they can't find me so I climbed inside of it and fell asleep. I woke up to hearing everyone calling my name. I was the last one left. I remained silent and waited till they all came inside the treehouse to talk. They all piled in the treehouse.
"She has to be somewhere." Zack's voice says. I grin knowing that it was aggravating him for him not to be able to find me. I hadn't taken my pill this morning so I could do I please with my mind. Zack got his powers early. He said he could see through certain material. He can't see through metal yet so I was safe.
"Yeah but we can't find her." Bailey, our babysitter's, voice says. I feel the urge to giggle but stop because then they would find me.
"We haven't checked the treehouse yet." Exclaimed Calvin, Zack's gross friend. I hear them searching everywhere but were I was. I finally came out when my dad came up the treehouse and told the boys it was time to go home. I heard my dad talking to Bailey.
"I will find her I promise. I just am having trouble because she is really good." Bailey whispers. I hear my father creep around with Bailey and they never found me. I cracked the door after looking at my watch and realizing that it was six o'clock in the morning. I had told them before the game started that I would win. I had proven them wrong because they said that they would hind me before the half way mark. I quietly climbed down from the treehouse and tiptoed to the back door. It was glass so I peaked inside before walking in. My mom and dad were asleep with their arms ticked under their head. I felt bad for keeping them up all night but I wanted to prove the boys wrong so I did. I slid the door open causing them to wake up in a hurry.
"Alexis Nada Ha! Where have you been?" My mother screamed as she held me close.
"I proved the boys wrong once and I will do it again some day." I said pulling out of her grasp and running up the stairs. I had proven them wrong them wrong then and I can do it now. I turn back to Zack who is staring at my back. I clear my throat and his eye meet mine. I practically feel all of his emotions from the staring contest we are now having. Who will break contact first? Me or Zack? He drops his eyes and his stance tenses. I turn around to see his mother walking down the stairs from her room. She must have gone to get dressed because she was at my room earlier. Wait a second, Zack can do impressions means that he tricked me into waking up at the most hated time on a Saturday.
"Zack Jamie Smith, why are you here at the crack of dawn?" His mother asks him as she walks to the coffee pot to make herself some coffee.
"I came to ask your assistant to assisted me in finding Alex." He huffs out childishly. I look over at Mrs. Smith to see her reaction.
"I will go help him if you don't need anything from me today. If you do I will be happy to tell your son no. I already have to do somethings." I say and Zack's gaze bores into my forehead.
"I need you to pick up some of my medication. Then you can have the rest of the day off." She says facing me with an evil grin. I smile and nod.
"What do I say when I get to the hospital to pick up your medication?" I ask her standing up and picking up my keys.
"Say you are here to pick up Jackie Smith's daily medications for the month. If they ask who you are tell them you are her assistant. They should give it to you if not call me." She instructed me as she handed me the addressed to the hospital. Great! (Again note my sarcasm.) I walk out with Zack in tow. I now have to hang out with the one person that can find who I am. I mentally start to feel like crap. I haven't gone with out my pills since I was like thirteen and hid in that safe. People really thought I was messed up and it hurts to still have people think that.
"How did you manage to pass the parking lot?" Zack asked as I pass the hospital parking lot.
"Listen and listen well. Your mother got her pills yesterday. She is a drug addict. I hid her pills and slip one in her coffee every morning. She doesn't realize it tho so she goes to find drugs but I deleted all the numbers on her phone but mine and yours and who I think is your dad." I say looking him in the eyes. He sits back cursing. He probably already knew but I don't think he knew it was this bad.
"Please just help me find my friend or come close to finding her. I need to see her. She is the only reason I stayed anchored to shore and not a drift on the sea that we call life. I love her deeply. I just want to find her soon. She needs to know that I am sorry for leaving her. I was just making some plans for our soon and upcoming wedding. I had to make it a surprise and act sad and like I was never coming back. She believed to much and almost killed herself. I don't want to find her dead. I want to find her alive as soon as I can. She means the world to me and if I lose her I might just lose the ability to love." He confessed to me. I look at him shocked as heck. He lied to me. He is going to get it for that. I was going to come back as soon as three weeks hit but know I am going waiting to come back until they find out.