[14] The Getting Away Part 1

Redo. I am sorry about this chapter. I had it all written up and posted and it didn't show up. And as I type now I am rewriting the whole thing. Luv u all, Queen of Hearts💜💜

***Emily's Point***

I wake up with the biggest headache in the history of headaches. I reach for my phone to se the time when I notice that Colton isn't with me.
"Colton? Where are you?" I shout but instantly regret it because my head hurt more. I check the time and se it is 3:33 in the afternoon. I have slept all day with out waking up once. I get up and walk down the stairs and see a note from my beloved Colton as I take Advil for my headache.
Beautiful,
Good morning or afternoon, I had to leave so I could get the plans for your birthday ready to go. I will be back soon. Love, Colton, your night in shining armor.
Signed 10:45.
I look at the clock again to see 3:34. He has been gone since 10:45. I look at the phone in my hand and see one missed call from him with a voicemail.
"Hey Emily, ummm... I can't explain why I am not back know just know that I love you. Don't look for me you won't find me. I wish I could tell you where I am but it is unexplainable. Please don't worry I will try to be back soon. Love you beautiful." The message ends and I fall on the floor crying. He is gone and he can't tell me why. I hear the sound of a key in the lock. I look at the calendar and see that it is the day beiges my birthday and I can't even see Colton on my birthday. I hear the door open and close quietly. I hear someone in heavy boots walk in and take a deep breath. I crawl behind the kitchen isle trying to hide from the person who I just heard enter my house especially since I lost my powers a year ago tomorrow. I listen as they move around slowly and I hear the boots on the kitchen floor. My breath catches in my throat, and I tell myself to breathe. I listen as they open the fridge with a grunt. I move slowly to see who is in my house and see the person I never expected to see again. I slowly slide back into place and sit quietly hoping that they won't find me.

***Secret Point***

I am rotting in the cell I just escaped expect this time all my friends decided to join me as well, well all but one, Emily. She is probably sleeping off her last shift at the diner.
"Mr. 1111 fancy to see you here again." Headmistress says. I turn my head in her direction.
"What do you want?" I ask as I slowly rise to my wobbly feet. She looks at me with a hint of joy in her eyes.
"To watch you suffer from pain." She says as she has her guards open the door and cuff me.
"If you don't want anyone you love to get hurt you will follow me." Headmistress say. I follow her not wanting her to full what she just said.
"You will walk into Miss Ray's cell. You will head her a piece of paper. Tell her she need to write Miss Bailey a goodbye note. She has forty-five minutes to write this note." Headmistress says as we walk down the aisle of cells. We approach Ray's cell and she shoves me in with a pen and paper.
"45 minutes Mr.1111." Headmistress calls behind her.

***Emily's Point***

The heavy booted person walks out of the kitchen and up the stairs to the bedrooms. I hear them open a door and close it. I hear loud music begin to play and the water start. I sit still as they shower. How is this possible? He is in a different country right know and if he did come home he would go to his wife and kids not here. I hear the music and shower cut off. I curse softly as I missed my chance to leave. He walks around upstairs for a few minutes before I heard his bare feet come down the stairs. I hear the laundry hit the floor in the laundry room and him duffle out. I look around the corner of the kitchen isle and see him his army stuff on even in the hat that I always took from him. He is looking at his phone while texting someone who I assume is his wife and children. He smiles as his phone rings with a phone call. I slide back down and listen to part of the conversation.
"Are you at home?" He asks. Short pause..."Yes. I am on my way know just have to grab something from my room before I come over." Long pause..."No one is here that I know of so no I can't grab Emily. Her phone is laying on the counter so I'm not going to try and call her." Very long pause..."I know Emily is supposed to be there but if I can't contact her then the show must go on. Yes I mean she is the person it is planned for but what good does it do to call her if her phone is on the counter." Short pause..."Who is talking in the background?" Short pause..."Alright. Love you bye." He hangs up the phone. I hear him walk closer to me but stop and sit down.
"She promised me that she would be here. I am going to wait a few minutes before I leave." He says into the text message thing on his phone. He sighs as I think about standing up. Would he be surprised or would he strangle me because I stayed in hiding. I hear the thunk of his phone on the table. I think about what he said about me promising him.
Flashback...
"Promise me that when I get home that you will be at home waiting. I will call you a week before so you will be waiting. Promise me that you will be there. Promise." He says. I look into his eyes to see he is being dead serious.
"I promise." I say looking him in the eye. He hugs me then moves to tell his wife, Eve, and children, Kyle and Sky.
"Don't forget your promise." He calls as he gets on the bus. I nod my head and I fell the tears falling down my face. I use my super hearing to hear him whisper one last goodbye to me.
Flashback ended...