Chapter Nine

C h a p t e r
N i n e

News of Jay's new relationship with Nicholai had spread all across the kingdom. Jay's parents weren't very pleased but Jay didn't care. The kingdom was a delight.

The kingdom were very kind to Jay, much more accepting than his parents. When he and Nicholai returned home from Celia's wedding, the two were greeted with joy and warmth.

It was different, much different, than how Jay was greeted by his own parents. He was welcomed with open arms and he loved it. It made Nicholai happy seeing Jay happy.

"How about I take you on a date? Actually, no, I am taking you on a date," Nicholai said, a huge grin plastered on his face. Jay looked up from his food and smiled.

"A date? What are we going to do? Where are you taking me? Hang on, what if I want to take you on a date?" Jay frowned and crossed his arms, making Nicholai stop eating.

"You're cute when you frown, but stop. I'm taking you on this date and you can take me on the next one. How about that?" Jay narrowed his eyes at Nicholai and shook his head like a stubborn little child. "Princey, don't test me."

"I'm not testing you."

"Just let me take you on a date."

"No, you let me take you on a date!" Nicholai sighed, wanting to bang his head against a wall. Why was Jay being so stubborn all of a sudden? Why did he want to take him on a date so badly? Nicholai debated on agreeing for Jay to take him out, but he didn't want to. He was just as stubborn and he wanted to treat his man. But then again, that is what Jay wanted to do.

"BlueJay," Nicholai sighed, "why is this so important to you?" Nicholai had his arms on the table, one hand resting under his chin as he stared at his boyfriend. "I mean, I know you love me — how can you not — but I feel like there's another reason to it."

Jay rolled his eyes at Nicholai, "You're very cocky, aren't you?"

"Cocky? I guess so. But I know you love me. Go on, tell me I'm wrong." Nicholai waited patiently for Jay to say otherwise but when he didn't speak up, Nicholai smiled smugly. "See. Now tell me. Why?"

Jay didn't answer straight away. What could he possibly tell Nicholai that would make him agree? It seemed as if there was nothing. But he could always turn the night around if he did agree to Nicholai taking him on a date rather than him taking Nicholai on one.

He thought about it. What could go wrong? "Alright, it doesn't matter. You can take me on a date," he agreed with a small smile. He then went back to eating his food, glancing up every now and again at Nicholai.

Nicholai hadn't moved from his position. He was still staring at Jay with so much curiosity. Jay ignored it, Nicholai's look making him slightly nervous. If he ignored it he wouldn't be so nervous, right?

Eventually, when Jay finished eating, Nicholai decided to finish his food. To pass the time and avoid Nicholai's curious gaze, Jay washed up the dishes he had used.

He liked this, being able to do domestic tasks that he was never able to do. He was brought up with servants, maids and butlers etc. Therefore, he didn't really do too much for himself, so this was a much needed and appreciated change of lifestyle for him.