Chapter Nine

Jack lad in bed, thinking. He often did this, since Bossatrons were often trying to solve problems and learn about the universe around them. Knowledge was used as a powerful weapon in his culture. Sam floated over to him and rested in his torso. 

Hi Jack! What are you thinking about?

Jack smiled, rolling over to speak to his Septic Eye. "Just things. Nothing special."

Sam squeaked once in laughter.

Lies! What are you thinking about?

Jack laughed. "Alright, alright. I was just thinking about Amber's client meeting. The woman coming is supposedly bringing her son."

Sam made a worried expression.

Jack, that might be dangerous. What if, say, this woman's child sees my tank, or even worse, me?

Jack blinked. Sam did have a point. His room practically housed the shell of his former home. "Well, maybe I could keep you in the closet, or say you're one of those tiny winters Amber likes to collect?"

Sam made a thoughtful expression.

I  guess that could work...

Jack laughed, lightly patting Sam. "It will, don't worry."

Sam made a neutral expression.

If you insist.

"Jack?" Amber's voice called from downstairs. "Can you come down here a second?"

Jack smiled. "Coming!" He gave Sam a gentle pat, then hurried downstairs to see what Amber wanted. He found her in the kitchen, wiping down the countertop. Jack huffed, smiling. "I'm here!"

Amber glanced behind herself at Jack, then stopped her cleaning. "Jack, since we have guests coming over, I need you to help me clean up around here. Specifically your room, since the client's son is coming."

Jack laughed. "Ironically, Sam and I were just discussing that topic!"

Amber laughed. "Oh! What did you two decide?"

"I suggested that he could possibly stay in the closet until the meeting ends and the clients leave, or we could pretend he's one of those...like those little...tiny..." Jack struggled to remember what Amber had called them.

"Snow globe?" Amber asked, finishing his thought?

Jack nodded. "Yeah, one of those."

Amber laughed, ruffling his hair. "Go throw out the old mail."

Jack laughed. "Ma'am, yes ma'am!"

He rushed off to perform the task Amber had asked him to. He piled the old letters in his hands, and tossed them in the wastebin. After that, he went up to his room and started making his bed, and setting Sam's tank in his closet. Sam floated up to Jack, and rested himself in the space between Jack's neck and shoulder, not saying a word. Once Jack had finished hiding the evidence of his extraterrestrial roots, he started cleaning his normal things up, putting dirty dishes downstairs in the dishwasher, folding up his clothes and putting them in his hamper, and making his bed, so he could look like a normal human for the lady's son. Once Jack was done, he almost was tempted to take down the various posters of different galactic bodies, such as stars or planets, but decided against it. He didn't want to seem like he was too robotic. Many kids his age had posters. Jack sighed, then headed downstairs to help Amber with any finishing tasks she'd need completed. After fifteen minutes, Amber and Jack got themselves ready and presentable, then relaxed on the couch. Amber smiled. "Thank you for helping clean, Jack."

Jack smiled. "Any time, Amber."

Amber smiled, when the doorbell rang. She sat up, then looked back at Jack. "They're here."

A/N: Hey hey, readers! Here's the long overdue next chapter of Not Like the Rest! I'm so sorry this took me so long to do, but I've been busy with making a new comic idea based on my Melix (CutiePieMarzia x PewDiePie) fanfiction, My Fallen Angel. Anyway, I think my writer's block is almost gone (Watch how as soon as I say that it comes back), and I have a good idea of the next chapters to come, considering the status of Mark and Jack's relationship. 

Also, a really late thank you for 3.7k reads! I mean, holy shit, how the fuck is this possible!!! I cannot put into words how much that means to me that that many people enjoy my content. Like, think about that. 3,700 people in one place...holy fucking shit!

Anyway, thank you all so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed, and I will see you all soon!!!

~JACL