Chapter Seven

That night, Mark lay awake on top of his blanket, unable to sleep. He, Felix, Alec and Abi had all spent the night playing video games. Alec had kicked everyone’s ass at Mario Kart, Felix reigned supreme in Call of Duty, Abi was queen of Trivia Crack, and Mark was victor of Gang Beasts. He smiled at the fun night of pillow fights, trash-talking, and victory dances. Mark smiled and closed his eyes at the thoughts, when a voice interrupted his thoughts. “Good times, am I right?” Mark’s eyes shot open to see Abi leaning over him. For a second, he couldn’t process what’d happened. Then his brain worked. “What th-? Abi get off me!”

Abi laughed, rolling off of him. “Sorry Marky. I just couldn’t help but notice that you were awake as well.”

Mark scoffed, shifting into a more comfortable position. “Yeah, I;m awake. Why are you awake?”

Abi shrugged. “ADHD, what can I say?”

Mark laughed then rolled over. “You hyperactive she-bastard.”

Abi made a cute face. “Aw, I try.”

Mark glanced at her over his shoulder. “Fuck you.”

Abi quietly laughed. “You wish, anyway, what’s keeping you awake?”

“I’m just thinking about tonight.” said Mark.

“I see.” Abi said. “But, I can’t help but feel like you’ve had something else on your mind for a while.”

Mark winced, knowing what was about to come.

“What’s been on your mind?” Abi asked.

Mark sighed. “Well, I think you know about that one kid; Jack McLoughlin.”

Abi nodded, resting her chin in between her forefinger and thumb. “Ah, yes. The dude who’s always talking to his dick.”

“Yeah, him. Anyway, I’ve been really curious about him ever since I said one of his drawings was good.”

“What’s that got to do with anything?” Abi asked.

Mark shrugged. “Well, when I said that to him, he laughed and said something about The Totion.”

The dirty blonde girl nodded. “Weird. What happen after that?”

“I asked him what that was. Jack then asked if he could use the restroom.” Mark said. “It was almost like he was trying to avoid answering my question.”

Abi smiled and rested a hand on his shoulder. “Mark, you shouldn’t worry about Jack. He’s probably like me; lives in his own plane of reality, and it occasionally gets out into actual reality.”

Mark nodded. “I guess.”

Abi smiled. “Yeah.” She rolled over. “Night Markimoo.”

Mark smiled. “Night, Abi.” he said before shutting his eyes to sleep.

A/N: Hey hey! Firstly, I am so sorry this took me so long to update, but as I've said in other works of mine, I have a schedule for my updates now!!!! :D I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO BE DOING SOMETHING WITH MY LIFE!!!!!! Anyway, sorry if this is short, I hit a massive writer's block, so yeah. Anyway, thank you so much for reading, and I will see you soon!

~☆JACL