That Would Be Enough

"Loving can heal, loving can heal sometimes"

"What are you doing, Raven?" Newt asked, extinguishing the fire with his wand

"What are you doing, Raven?" Newt asked, extinguishing the fire with his wand. She had broken down into tears in his arms.

"Killing yourself won't bring him back," He whispered to her, before sending a Patronus to Queenie and Tina. He hoped that they could calm her down in time.

Back in their New York apartment, Tina and Queenie were shocked to see a silver lion burst into their kitchen.

"Come quickly, it's Raven." The lion spoke in Newt's voice and in an instant; both sisters were apparating to Raven's house. They ran through the open front door, noting the blackened outside of the house.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Tina asked, instantly by Raven's side.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." Raven blubbered, "I just thought that if I end it all, at least I'll be with him." Her words caused Queenie to run to her side.

"Never do that again, Ray, you hear me? Never. Tina and I will always be here for you, and now Newt is here too. Promise me, Ray."

"I promise," Raven replied, fresh tears sliding down her face. Tina drew her friend into her arms, letting her cry into her. After helping Raven into bed, Tina, Queenie and Newt had tea and coffee in the kitchen.

"You came at just the right time," Tina said, breaking the silence that had formed, "I suppose you brought your book?" Newt nodded, getting the book out of his coat.

"I got it bound in red and gold, the colours of Gryffindor, her house." He explained.

"That's a sweet thing for you to do for her," Queenie smiled, drinking her cup of coffee. "The one thing Raven loves more than anything else in this house is that garden. I suggested she take it up after Credence-" She paused for a second. "And she really enjoyed it."

Newt smiled, "I was thinking of asking Raven if she wanted to come back to England with me, again." Tina smiled.

"You really love her, don't you?" Newt blushed.

"Yes, I do. It breaks my heart to see her like this, so alone." Suddenly Tina broke down into tears and Queenie rushed to her side.

"How could she do that to herself? To us?"

"She thought it would be better that way, she thought that there would be no end to her grief unless she ended it herself. Raven thought that she would be happier if she was were Credence is now." Queenie comforted her, tears streaking down her face. Tina turned to Newt, silent tears rushing down her face.

"She needs someone to take care of her, to be with her when things like this happen. She needs you, Newt."

Just as they started to pour a second cup of their choice of beverage, Raven joined them. A blanket was wrapped around her shoulders and a single tear slid down her face.

"Hello," She croaked out, smiling slightly at Newt. "It has been a while, hasn't it?"

"It's so good to see you," He jumped up from his seat, pulling her into his arms. He placed a kiss on her forehead, before leading her over to the table. "I have something to show you," He said, pulling out a book covered in brown paper. She picked it up delicately, gently pulling the paper off, revealing the red and gold cover.

"Oh, Newt!" She gasped, flicking through the pages. "This is amazing!" She pulled him into a hug, kissing his cheek. Queenie giggled at her friend's antics.

"Let me see," Tina said, wiping away the tears from before. She took the book in her hands, feeling the soft leather cover. "This is brilliant, Newt." She told him, while Queenie pulled him into a hug.

"We are all so proud of you," Her smile dropped a little. "Jacob would be too," Newt smiled sadly at her, pulling her into a hug.

"I've got a copy for him as well. Mind dropping it off?" Queenie laughed at him, taking the book and putting it into her bag.

"I'll be glad too." Soon after stories were swapped, Tina and Queenie left, leaving Raven and Newt alone.

"Hey,"

"Hey,"

"Do you have a place to stay? You can stay here if you like, it's too quiet here." Newt nodded opening and closing his mouth, trying to find the right words.

"Raven, come back to England with me. I'm lonely, living alone in London and I know you're lonely here. Please, stay with me." She turned to him, tears forming in her eyes. Then, she turned and went into her room, leaving him alone in the corridor.

"Well done, Newt. You mucked that up." He muttered to himself, before going into the spare room, Raven had pointed out to him.

The next morning, they walked to the store, talking by each other's side. They walked to Central Park, long after dark, taking in the lights.

"Look around, look around," Raven said to him as they got to her favourite part of the park. A white marble statue stood tall and proud, surrounded by beautiful flowers. Newt looked down at the bronze plaque by its feet. 'Alexander Hamilton,' it read, making him turn, confused, to Raven.

"I like to imagine that this is who Credence would grow up to be," She said, "It's who he should have been." Newt smiled at her.

"He sounds like an amazing person, but he could never be as brave as Credence was." Raven smiled sadly at Newt, before turning and walking away, Newt following after her. When they got home, Newt made cups of tea for the both of them, while Raven stood in the garden. He left the brewing kettle, walking over to her. They are standing in the garden, Newt by Raven's side. She takes his hand.

"It's quiet uptown,"

A/N

Hey guys,

What did you think? Also, what do you think Newt's animagus should be? I'm thinking of a Bowtruckle, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks for reading,

Cejaker