Burn

"In restless dreams I walked alone"

Raven stood from where she preening her garden, wiping the beads of sweat that had grown on her forehead. She had taken up gardening at Queenie's suggestion, it helped her with Credence. She didn't much care for the house she now lived in, but she loved her garden. She walked towards her new house, missing the voices of Tina and Queenie echoing through the house. She sighed, walking towards her study. Sat on her desk were the thousands of letters Newt had sent her over the course of a year. She tried to respond just as adamantly her did, but found she didn't have the energy. His most recent one held excited stories of his book beginning published, and the first copy going straight to her. She picked up her quill, but placed it back on her desk. Why write to him when he was going to apparate here later anyway? Newt didn't mind her not write back to him as much as he wrote to her, he understood what she was going through. She sighed again, walking towards the kitchen and putting the kettle on the stove to heat up. Then she walked to the shower, to wash off the dirt and the pain of yesterday. The breathlessness feeling returned and Raven fell to the tiled floor, hoping for some kind of relief. Maybe it would be easier to end it all rather than have to deal with this? Thoughts crossed her mind as she pulled herself up from the floor. She walked back to her desk, picking up her quill and a piece of parchment paper. Raven dipped the nib in some ink, before pulling it out and beginning to write.

I know that I will be long gone when you read this, as this is my final goodbye; my last bow. I have tried my hardest to stay afloat from the darkness and the tides that pull at me. It feels easier to just swim down and so, I am giving up my footing. I am letting my head under water, for the first time in what seems ages. Goodbye, Tina; you were always there when I needed you, you are always right on time. Goodbye, Queenie; my dearest friend and my greatest advisor. Goodbye, my dearest Newt. My love, take your time. I will see you on the other side.

Raven

She placed an inflammable spell on the parchment and stuck it to her door. She walked back to her desk, taking in a deep breath, pulling out her wand.

"Incendio," She whispered, her wand pointed at the pile of letters that sat on her desk, tears streaming down her face. She looked out towards the garden, her beautiful garden. A smile grew on her face as she watched the birds and the squirrels that raced around the garden. At least the last thing she would see was something beautiful. Raven closed her eyes and moved towards the growing fire. She could feel the heat radiating, causing her skin to flush. She could feel the pain in her chest as she breathed in the smoke. Her heart raced widely as she stepped closer and closer to the fire, she could sense how close she was, even though her eyes were closed. She could feel the pain that raced up her fingertips as the fire licked them. She took a deep breath, preparing herself one last time. Raven looked up; she could see Credence on the other side. She raised her foot, ready to meet the heat below it when she was tackled out of the way.

"What are you doing, Raven?"