I shook my head stubbornly. "I will not drink someone's blood," I said adamantly.

He sighed and rubbed his head tired. For the last three days he has been trying to get me to eat something. "Alex got it from a donor, thinking that you would be more comfortable that way," he said in defeat.

 I shook my head. "No."

He slid to the floor and frowned. "What's going on in your mind, Livvy?" he asked concerned about me.

"Nothing," I answered quickly.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Funny how I don't believe you," he said sarcastically.

"Funny how an old vampire knows how to use sarcasm," I said trying to deflect the topic.

He barked out a short, dry laugh. "Stop changing the subject."

I pulled my face at him and frowned. "Funny how I will never get wrinkles isn't it?" I asked.

He studied me for a second and then gave me a sad smile. "So that is what is troubling you," he said as if he finally figured it out.

I snorted. "No shit!" I said angrily.

"No lady uses such words," he said with a raised eyebrow.

I pushed my hair out of my face. "I am no lady. I have never been. I was only ever a puppet for everyone to string me along and make me dance the way they want me to. I am tired of it. I want to leave," I said, but unknowingly I placed a pun on leave. "Kill me, Vas. Please," I begged.

"No, no, no way in hell would I ever do that to you!" he said fervently.

I turned my back on him and sat back at the window seat. "Why won't you do it? Let me die. I was meant to die when Mikael killed me, but Alex interfered. He messed with God's plans!" I said with a thick voice, but no tears would come. No tears could come from a dead body.

He held his hands in surrender. "That is Alex's dealings and I am not going into it with you."

"Then leave," I said bitterly.

It was hours later and the house was completely quiet. It unnerved me slightly as flashes of the attack came back. I could remember the fear, the dizziness and the rush of adrenaline that spurred me on.

I shook my head and walked on. I could no longer go to the kitchen. There was no true comfort for me there. I could eat it, but not taste it. At least until my body had its share of blood that I adamantly refused to have.

"Olivia," Alex's rough voice scared me as I reached the lounge.

"What?" I growled at him.

"I'm sorry," he said sadly.

"I don't care!" I said and spun around, ready to run back to the library, but Alex was faster and he caught me before I took a step.

"Leave me alone!" I growled and looked at his hand that held onto my arm.

"Not until we talk," he said calmly and carried me to his room. I thrashed the whole way, but thankfully his vampire speed made it a short distance. I was not ready to talk yet.

When I went to face Mikael and his crew with a smile, it was because I knew I was going to die and I knew I was dying while Alex loved me. My death would hurt him and his family for a while, but eventually he would get over it and would have married someone else, never in a million years would I have expected him to turn me into a vampire.

I thought that he respected my wishes enough to let me die as a human. I thought that he would understand and respect me enough to let me die the way I was born.