Chapter 2

Khushi Kumari Gupta looked at the handsome man before her and was surprised to see him after so many years. This man before her was her Nannav ji. Arnav too looked at the girl..no woman...no girl, whatever she was very intently. He can't believe his Lal Naak has grown into a beautiful attractive girl woman. Attractive? Where did that come from? His mind chided. Buaji interrupted their eye lock.

"Aye, Sanka Devi, why are you looking at babwua like that. Babwa, please come in." Arnav entered their house and sat in a chair.

"Buaji" Arnav began "I want to Khushi to work under me...I mean for me."

"You really want to my clumsy Sanka Devi to work with you babwa?"

"Yes, She met my daughter in the hospital the other day and my daughter has been asking for her, so I want her take care of my daughter."

"Jaanu was your daughter, Nannav ji"

"Yes, Khushi She was"

"What is there to ask babwa, ofcourse Sanka Devi will work with you. Kyun Sanka Devi?"

"Ji, Buaji"

"She has to stay in my house."

"Of course Babwa, she has to care of your daughter."

"She has to move to New York."

"Ha, Kya ye New York, Delhi mein nayi jagah hai, Arnav Babwa?" (Is New York, a new place in Delhi?)

Khushi understood What Arnav meant, she had her eyes wide.

"No, Buaji, It is in America"

"Kya Amreekaa?"

Khushi ran away before Buaji could talk. Arnav gestured to Buaji that he will talk to her. Arnav went to her room and she was twirling her duppatta.

"Laal Naak, Just listen to me."

"No, Nannav ji. I can't come to Amreeka with you. I can't leave Buaji and Payal. Do you know Buaji is sick? I have to be there with her and Payal is just a little kid."

"I know, I will send Payal to the best school in Delhi and cover all her education expenses and I will get the best medical treatment for Buaji, I will take her America for her treatment if necessary."

"You really love your daughter, Nannav ji"

"Yes, More than my self and I have one more request?"

"Kya hain Nannav Ji?"

"Please don't call me Nannav ji infront of others, You can call me like that when we are alone."

"Ok, same for me, You can call me Lal Naak when we are alone. Deal Nannav ji......oops....I meant Arnav Ji.

Arnav shook her hands and pecked her on her cheeks. Khushi's eyes widened and remembered an incident in their childhood.

Flashback

Little Khushi was crying sitting under a tree near Raizada farmhouse. Arnav was walking by as saw a cute 6 year old Khushi crying. His heart wrenched at that sight. He quickly went and picked her up and made her sit in his arms. As she saw her Nannav, she hugged him immediately.

"Khushi, Why are you crying?"

"Amma yelled at me."

"Why"