Chapter 3

6 Months later

Arnav was sitting in his study room listening to Khushi sitting on his office table telling how her day was. She was filling him on what naughty things Jaanu did and how Payal and Jaanu are creating trouble for her and Nanhe Bhai. In her chitter chatter, Arnav remembered the day when brought Khushi and Payal to his house in Delhi.

Flashback

After finishing Buaji's last rites. Khushi wanted to stay in her Buaji's house for some more time. Arnav reluctantly accepted, but his heart didn't agree, but he agreed because he knew Khushi wanted closure with her Buaji's thoughts and her life in India. After a month, Arnav made Khushi clear their belongings from Buaji's house and brought them to Raizada Mansion in Delhi.

Jaanu was restless to meet Khushi. She was pestering Arnav about her, then Arnav took her in his lap and explained that Khushi's Buaji passed away.

"So, Daddy, Did Khushi aunty's Buaji went to Devi Maiyya like Mommy?" Arnav was crying silently hearing that innocent question regarding her mother. "Yes, Jaanu. She is with your mommy now." Jaanu saw that her father eyes were wet with tears. She quickly wiped them off, "Daddy, Can you keep a secret?". "Yes, Princess." "Do you know Khushi aunty can talk to Devi Maiyya, She told me that day in the hospital. I think She would be fine." Arnav chuckled at his daughter's innocent explanation. He kissed her and put her on her bed.

Today, Jaanu's wish is coming true. Her Khushi Aunty is coming to her house today. She wore the prettiest dress and was waiting at the door. She then saw Khushi and Payal coming out the car. She was excited and ran to Khushi. She gave her a airtight hug. Khushi was surprised with intensity of the hug. She too hugged her back and kissed her cheeks. Then Jaanu's attention went to Payal. She caught her hand "Will you be my friend, Didi?" Payal hugged her and said yes.

End of Flashback

Lavanya Kashyap, heiress of Kashyap Industries worth billions is fuming at the attention Arnav gives to his 'Help' Khushi. She saw him five years ago and instantly had a crush on him. She was disappointed to know that he was married. She gave up on him and moved on her life. She saw him again at a cocktail party last year. She learned that his wife passed away. She immediately made it her life mission to become his wife. She quickly brought some minor shares in his company and became a board member in Arnav's company. Arnav always saw Lavanya as his colleague and doesn't have any romantic feelings on her. Lavanya always makes excuses to be with Arnav and it was irritating one person.

NK fell in love in Lavanya, when he saw her 3 years ago in a beech. His love can call as 5-year-old love. A 5-year-old boy pulls hair of a little girl, it is generally because he likes her and that's his way of showing affection, however messed up that may be. NK loves Lavanya, but he is irritated with her arrogance and high maintenance. He won't leave any opportunity to either tease her or mess up her work. Now he saw Lavanya looking at Khushi with jealousy and he was in the mood to tease her. He came near her and whispered in her ear

"You are so green that you look like wicked witch of east from Wizard of Oz"

"Shut up, Butler Boy"

"I will shut up when you admit that you had a nose job"

"I definitely didn't have a nose job"

"Who are you fooling Ms. Kashyap, I saw your childhood photos and you defiantly no shame in admitting it."

"In you dreams, Butler Boy and why does ASR pay so much attention to her?"

"Oh, That's because she has kindness and you have arrogance"

"Arghh, why does ASR fire help like you who doesn't know how to respect the house guests?" Saying that she stomped off before NK could reply her back.

NK was amused seeing irritated Lavanya. Then shifted his eyes to Arnav and Khushi. He saw Arnav happily laughing something Khushi said. He hasn't laughed freely like that since 8 years. His freedom vanished When his college mate Paridhi showed up the door pregnant with Jaanu. (Pinky's Note:- More on Arnav and Paridhi's relationship later)

"Nanhe Bhai, what are you doing there? Come here and tell what Jaanu and Payal did today?"

"Don't even get started with that? I know who is responsible for their mischief. You Devil"

"Haww, Look Arnavji, Do I look like someone who creates mischief?" pouted Khushi very innocently.

"Oh, Stop with 'I am very innocent crap Khushi. I know you were behind it. I know putting grease in my towel was your idea."

"How can you be so sure Bhai?"

"You used to do that when were kids."

"You still remember that Bhai?" asked Khushi with some tears in her eyes.

"Of Course I remember Chutki and Now You know I hate seeing tears in your eyes, Look all your Kaajal is messed up" said NK wiping her tears. After they talked for a while and NK left them to do his work.

Now alone together, Arnav quickly came and hugged Khushi. Khushi too hugged him back.

"I missed you the whole day Laal Naak"

"Me too Nannavji. I feel safe in your arms. It makes me forget my pain."

"Did you take your medicine?"

"Yes, I did. Yaaak, Why can't the medicines taste like Jalebi, Instead they taste like Karela" frowned Khushi.

"Paagal" He kissed Khushi's head " Go and Sleep, you need rest."

(Pinky's Note:- More on this later )

Next Morning

It was typical Monday morning at Raizada House. Khushi is having hard time waking up Payal and Jaanu.

"Paayu, Jaanu, please wake up my Jalebis or you will get late for school."

"Five more minutes more Di"

"Ha, five more minutes Khushi aunty"

Khushi waited for 30 seconds

"Come on get up, your five minutes are over."

"Already?"

"Now, go and brush your teeth."

Payal and Jaanu groaned and went to their bathroom. Payal picked her brush and Jaanu picked her Elsa themed Brush and toothpaste and brushed her teeth. Then three of them had bath. You ask why I said three, because giving bath to Jaanu is same as taking bath your self, as you will be drenched with water. So Khushi, Jaanu and Payal always take bath together. Payal dressed herself and Khushi quickly put Jaanu's school uniform and She picked her up and took her to the dining table. Jaanu quickly ran to her father sitting on the chair and kissed him Good Morning. All of them sat on the table to eat some Pancakes cooked deliciously by NK. As Usual Jaanu doesn't eat them without her Music.

"NK Maamu, you know that I will not eat breakfast with out Frozen Music?"

"Of course Jaanu Baby"

NK put "Let it Go" from Frozen with a frown on his face. Jaanu has been listening to this song everyday since it came out. She won't let anyone change this song. Jaanu was happily eating her Pancakes while other put Earplugs in their ears to enjoy their breakfast.

"Payal"

"Yes, Arnav Bhaiyya?"

"My cousin Aakash is joining your class today. Mami has asked me to ask you to take care of him"

"Ji, Bhiayya."

"Hey Devi Maiyya, it is time for school now, Payal wipe your face and get your bags." Said Khushi wiping Jaanu's face.

After Khushi send kids to school, Arnav came to her and kissed her cheeks

"See you at five, Laak Naak"