[Chapter Twenty Seven]

The sun beamed in through the window the next morning. The skin-changer let out a sigh as she stretched. She looked to her side to see Thorin still sound asleep. She trailed her fingers along the scars he had on his chest from battles he fought long ago. His eyes fluttered open at her gentle touch. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." she stated, feeling guilty for disturbing his sleep, she wanted him to be well rested. They had to find the door today.

"Hmm, did you sleep well?" He asked her with a tired grin on his face. She nodded as he pulled her back against him and she rested her head on his chest. Neither of them wanted to move, but knew the others would be gathering at the docks to get going soon. Thorin kissed her on the top of the head and then they got up and got dress and ready to go. The two of them walked holding hands down the hall. Alyndra caught the smell of breakfast and she would have followed it in an instance, but for some reason the smell of food or even looking at food, made her stomach turn. Thorin thought this would be his opportunity to get something in her. She hadn't eaten for a couple of days and it was making him worried. " Are you hungry?" He asked her.

" No, not really...." She admitted. Thorin gave her a questionable look.

" Alyndra, you haven't eaten in a couple of days now. Is something wrong?" She shook her head at him, not understanding why he was so worried.

" Thorin I'm fine." She insisted to him. He placed his hands on her shoulders and looked down at her.

" You would tell me if something was wrong?" Thorin asked her, as he searched her eyes wondering if something was wrong and she was scared to tell him. She placed her hands on his face and smiled at him.

"Thorin of course i would tell you, but nothing is wrong. Everything is fine." She reassured him and stood on the tip of her toes and pressed her lips to his. He pulled her closer to him, wishing it would last a little longer but they heard the voices of the company approaching and they released their hold. Thorin led the way through the crowds of Lake-town people to the boat that was awaiting them.

" Do you know were one short...where's Bofur?" Bilbo questioned, behind Alyndra.

"

If he's not here, we leave him behind." Thorin answered. Alyndra didn't like the sound of leaving anyone behind.

"We'll have to. If we are to reach the mountain in time. We can risk no more delays." Balin pressed.

" I'll go get him." Alyndra offered and she started to head back when Thorin grabbed her by her clothing.

" No there's no time. Balin's right we only have until today to find the door, and I'm not leaving without you." He pressed to her. She let out a sigh, and nodded. The men were passing the dwarves weapons to put on their boat along with food and other supplies. Thorin helped the skin changer onto the boat. His nephew Fili was next to come on but when Kili came to climb on the older dwarf stopped him from going any further. " Not you. We must travel with speed. You will slow us down."

Alyndra turned at the sound of this. The young dwarf look paler than the other day and she couldn't believe Thorin would actually leave him behind. He was his family and an heir to the line of Durin. " Thorin.... you can't be serious. Your not going to leave him behind." Alyndra argued.