Ch. 4 A Set-up?

Lacey's POV

*Beep beep, beep beep. Beep beep, beep beep* I yawned and hit the disable button on my alarm clock. I yawned as I read the time 6:45 am. I thought back to when the orange inkling wanted to meet us by this one grate thing in inkopolis at 7:45 am. So that means I have an hour to get ready. I rolled out of bed and walked over to my drawers and started looking for an outfit to wear. What kind of outfit am I even supposed to wear to this? I continued looking for about 10 more minutes before finally deciding on Fake Contacts, a Grape Tee and Pink Trainer's. I figured wearing my normal gear wouldn't be the brightest idea.

I got up and went to the kitchen to get something to eat before heading out. I mean if this whole thing isn't a scam it's best we have some energy in us. So I decided to just make some toast cause it's quick and easy.

After a while I finish the toast and Jaxon finally walked out into the kitchen. He wasn't wearing his normal Octoglasses, Baseball Jersey and Red slip-ons. Instead he was wearing Fake Contacts, Choco Layered LS and Gold Hi-horses.

"Are you sure you want to do this Lacey?" Jaxon asked taking a seat at the counter, still looking uncertain about my decision.

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Yes Jaxon I'm sure. Now eat!" I said while sliding a plate of toast and berries over to Jaxon. "We are going to need it-"

"If it isn't a set up" Jaxon said finishing the sentence for me. Even though that's not what I was going to say.

I sighed. "Yes, as long as it isn't a set up, Now eat child!" I laughed and taking a bite of my toast after.

"Hey I'm older than you! You can't call me a child" Jaxon laughed and started eating his food. "Son las siete de la mañana" Jaxon chuckled.

"Jaxon you know I don't Spanish!" I laughed.

"I know, your reactions are just funny when I say words in Spanish" He laughed. "I said It's 7 o'clock in the morning"

"OoOoh Okay" I laughed. "That makes more sense" I said just finishing my toast. And shortly after  Jaxon finished as well.

"Are you ready to go?" Jaxon asked. "We should head out if we want to get there on time"

I nodded my head. He was right the walk to inkopolis was at least 15-20 minutes from our apartment complex and we have a bunch of stairs to walk down since the elevator is down. Great...

After what seemed like an internity of walking down stairs [7 minutes] we finally made it out of the apartments and started walking towards inkopolis.

"I really hope this isn't a set up Lacey" Jaxon sighed.

"Jaxon you have said that's hundreds of times and my response is still the same" I replied rolling my eyes.

Jaxon's POV (Suprise!!)

"Jaxon you have said that hundreds of times and my response is still the same." Lacey said rolling her eyes. Which hurt a bit but I understand where it's coming from, I have been a prick trying to convince her not to go to this. But i'm just worried about her... The yellow and orange squid kids are the fiercest squids in inkopolis.. And some of the things they have done in the past to Lacey is not okay at all. The constant bulling and abuse... I mean yeah it wasn't every single orange and yellow squid, but after that I just can't trust them. I'm just so worried about Lacey and the possibility of her getting hurt cause of this. But right now I kinda have to shake my feelings aside.

I know it's wrong because if it was anyone with a different tentacle color I wouldn't care as much as I did now... And the Orange squid kid from last night didn't look like she was lying.. But what else was I supposed to think? Lacey and I's past makes it almost impossible for me to think otherwise. I mean Lacey still trusts her, but Lacey has always had a heart of gold. She always trusts people into they turn on her.