Chapter 21 - Danger

Start from the beginning

I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed, grabbing my dress, and heading straight for the door. I was self-consciously hoping that the bathroom was nearby so that Will wouldn’t see me standing here in my mere underwear. Thankfully, it was right next to the bedroom, so I scrambled in and locked the door behind me.

I’d realised that I hadn’t showered since Saturday, and it was now Tuesday morning - Yuk! No wonder Will had joked about my foul smell blocking my apparently irresistible scent, and no wonder he was able to sleep so close beside me without being tempted. Idiot.

Just before I undressed I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I noticed a few things which had somewhat startled me. Firstly, the two puncture wounds on my neck, where I had been bitten. I guess I was startled by the fact that I’d expected them to be much more prevalent, but they were now merely just faded scars. Ok, so I’d be asking Will about that today. Perhaps the vampire bite had some sort of ability to heal its wounds faster than what was normal.

Secondly, I noticed something different about my eyes. They were still their striking aqua colour, but I noticed an ever so slight fleck of dark orange in one of them. Odd. I had never noticed this before. I assumed that it had only just come about since the last time that I’d looked in the mirror. This made me quite a bit anxious - another thing I was now planning on questioning Will about.

After a nice long hot and soothing shower, I climbed out, dried myself, and wrapped the towel around my fragile body, realising that I hadn’t had any clean clothes to put back on. I was hoping that the bedroom perhaps had something that I could borrow. I made my way back, hoping that Will wasn’t in there to catch me in merely just a towel. I snuck in, closing the door behind me, thankfully noticing that he wasn’t.

I rummaged through the cupboard, and pulled out some men’s black track pants, and a baggy white men’s t-shirt. I threw these on, over the top of some men’s undies I’d found and my strapless bra, folding down the top of the pants so that they sat nicely below my hips, showing off my toned midriff. I tied the t-shirt in a knot to one side, pulling the other off of the shoulder, creating something acceptable out of what seemed like boring men’s sleepwear. I threw on some makeup which I’d found in the bathroom cabinet and let my long hair hang naturally to dry. I was kind of impressed with what I’d managed to pull off considering I practically had no belongings here.

I scurried down the stairs, following the smell of cooked bacon and eggs, noticing my stomach grumble pretty loudly as I approached the kitchen. I hadn’t eaten in days, no wonder. I walked in to see Will slaving over the stove, frying up some bacon and eggs; just exactly what I was craving. Catching my eye, his shirtless torso was extremely hard to miss, revealing his amazingly toned torso in just a pair of black track pants.

“Hungry?” Will asked, as he turned his grinning head to catch a glimpse of me. “Oh, nice outfit, I’m impressed.” He noted playfully, causing my cheeks to turn slightly pink.

Will plated up the food onto, surprisingly, two plates, grabbing some knives and forks, and placing everything on the table in front of us. He pulled up a chair next to me. “Ok, so you eat human food too now?” I questioned, rather confused.

“Just because blood is my main source of food doesn’t meant I can’t enjoy a human meal every now and then.” I looked at him inquisitively, trigging him to go on, “We can still digest this food, it just doesn’t do much to subside our hunger and cravings for blood. Still tastes pretty damn good though.” He told me still grinning, eyeing off the food in front of us. That probably explained why Will’s mum was cooking that night that I’d met her.