Chapter twelve.

November the 23rd.

Place :: Abby mews street.
Time ;; 9:49 pm.

•JAZLYNN•

In the dim light that oozes through a narrow gap lies the alleyway. It's the underworld of any town: gloomy and unpleasant. The vines that crawl up window sills and the crumbling plaster that envelopes the old stone bricks appear romantic at first but become daunting as the moon shines in the skyline of chimneys. Darkness is lurking in every corner inside the labyrinth of the narrow passages and dead ends.

Only things that are heard are the clink of my heels and the water-drops from the rusted pipelines.

I look at my watch, seeing it's 9:57 pm. In 3 minutes Jessica should be here. I keep on walking back and forth, I push myself again the wall softly, fiddling with my clutch, sighing heavily, till i hear a clink of heels.

"Jessica," I murmur and push myself off the wall. "You're late."

"I know I'm sorry, I'm here now?" She winces, making it sound like a question.

"Aww it's okay honey, come here."

I usher for her to come closer, once she does, I give her a hug, she tenses up, then relaxes and hugs me back, all of a sudden I yank her hair, she lets out a surprised painful squeal, to be honest I just did that for fun, I love scaring her. I step back, looking at her from head to toe, scanning her fearful features.

"Listen honey, I'm very proud you found your way out of whatever prison they had you in. I don't want to see your face ever again. In my clutch there are your new papers, you'll leave under a new name, your brother got a new one too–and yes he's okay– everything is arranged, I got a cheque worthy of 50k dollars and your new ID's in my clutch, and your tickets booked to Finland, you'll be living there for the rest of your life. basically everything is ready, just need you to get the fuck of here."

She just nods her head slowly, registering what I told her. I get the papers and the cheque out of my clutch and hand them to her.

"Can't believe I'm saying this but, I'll miss you." I pull her into a hug, a sincere one this time. No matter how much I get mad at her or just try to scare her, but she was the closest I've ever gotten for a friend.

"I'll miss you." She whispers as she tightens her grip around me.

*******

November the 24th, 11:20 pm
Albert Walndruf museum–London.

My first mission. Getting ancient Egyptian coins from Albert Walndruf museum. It's a small museum, a bit far from the centre of London. So I took my motorcycle, it has reached the garden behind the museum at about 10:49 And I walked till I got closer to the museum, it was 10:54 pm when I arrived.

I look up at the pitch-black curtain draped over the sky, and the twisted, warped shapes that the stars made against the blackness. The milky speckles twirled and danced along the sky in various patterns, it's dark, perfect for me. the beauty of the sky tugging at the corners of my lips in a way that almost made me smile. No time for admiration.

I've been outside for about 25 minutes now, I'm standing behind it, there is only one guard at the door, expected for a small museum.