T R E S

" Todo siempre llega en su momento. El fin es el principio de algo nuevo. El Tiempo siempre tiene la razón. El miedo que golpeó, ya no duele." ~L U I S  F O N S I

The coldness of the ice seeped through every muscle in my body, and little by little I'd began to acknowledge my awake. As I opened my eyes I found the source of the gelid to be no other than an ice tub. The room was different this time, I supposed they might've change it overtime...but then again, how much time had passed..?

My fingernails were the same shade of purple I'd last seen, my hair was drenched throughly. A monitor beeped every time I moved, summoning the nurse, I figured. But I moved nonetheless, and except for the few light, electrical cords that were on my bare stomach and on my pale wrists, nothing seemed like a possible threat to not take my chances and escape. Swiftly as I could, I began ripping each cord off my body before the nurse could make it to the room.

As I tried to loosen the one on my wrist, a shrieking sound left my dry, chapped lips, because I'd accidentally broken the needle of the tiny vaccine, which I'd completely missed earlier, given that it was inserted horizontally.

With my wrist throbbing blood, I rushed to the door, yet much to my disgrace it was locked from the outside. My eyes desperately searched the room, for anything sharp anything I could use to my benefit. With my one stable hand I rummaged through the white, small cabinets below the sink, where some scissors and propellers happened to be in see-through plastic bags.   

Before I could even reach for the bag, the doors bursted open, and I froze on the spot. Their footsteps grew louder by the second, along with that terrible familiar scent of Ketamine once again. I ripped the nearest plastic bag and grabbed the biggest pair of scissors.

"Señorita Zambrano, you're awake!" I heard a womanly voice say from behind me.

"I need to speak to my daughter," My father's voice rang through my ears before I could even turn around to face him. "Alone." He added, monotonously

No sooner had the doors been shut behind the nurses, than my father rushed towards me, with his arms stretched out. But I took a step back, causing a half frown on his lips, but nonetheless he pulled me towards him, as I let my arms drop to my sides, the sharp pair of scissors resting against the palm of my right hand.

"I missed you so much mija.." He muttered softly.

"Right." I cleared my throat, at which he removed his arms from me and at once his eyes fell on the shiny pair of scissors.

"What are you doing with those?" His eyes seemed so foreign, his hair was now many shades grayer than I remembered, and even his posture seemed much more feeble and bent, but just as intimidating.

"Getting away from you, that's what I'm doing. Getting away from someone who doesn't give a shît about what I want, and does whatever he thinks is best for me, when I clearly told you—"

"Mija you don't understand, there wasn't a second choice, I couldn't just let you die." He argued.

"Okay, so does that mean that now you've found a cure? " I sharply asked.

"Well not exactly, but you see, I just wanted to give you chance to see world again, to work together again, with me , and so that together, we can do great things and expand Pamplemousse Empire!" His voice grew slightly content as he said this.