Two

"Hello?! Scott can you hear me?" The nurse said as she rushed him down the hallway.

"Y-yes, what happened?" Scott tried sitting up before the nurse pushed his chest back down. "Stay down, you need rest. You were in a car accident. It was head on with another passing by car." The nurse said taking his heartbeat.

"Oh m-my god, it was my fault wasn't it." He said covering his face. "I hate to say this but, yes. All of your passengers should be fine. The girl has a broken ligament in her wrist though.

"Kirstie! Oh my god I fucked up. Can I see her?" The nurse nodded. "The doctor needs to check in with you to make sure your okay first." Scott understood.

"Hello Scott! I'm doctor Olusola. I will be checking up on you today." They shook hands and Scott immediately started rambling. "I'm SO sorry, I was stupid and I should've have self control. I suck ass."

"Hey no worries. But I'm gonna have to ask you to stop talking for now. It looks like you have a severe concussion."

"Oh okay. Well how long until it's good?" Scott asking stretching and yawning.

"Aren't you in huge amounts of pain right now?" The doc asked.

"Not really. I played a LOT of football in high school. I have coped with pain and injuries."

"Well that's very nice I guess, haha. I guess your all good to go then, if you receive any pain then just take some Adv-"

"Advil, and stay in quiet areas. Sleep is very important." Scott interrupted.

"Looks like you got this covered! Kirstie and her friend are down the hall and to the right." The doctor said writing on his clipboard.

"Okay. Thank you Doctor Olusola!"

"Please! Call me Kevin." He smiled.

Scott left the room and entered Kirstie's room.
He immediately broke down when he saw his best friends all in pain and painted in bruises and scratches. "I'm sorry. I want to make it up to you but I can't. I already paid for all of your guys's insurance. I was stupid and irresponsible." 

Kirstie And Avi jumped up and hugged Scott. "It's okay. There were minor injuries. Bruises are nothing. And my wrist was fucked up anyway." Kirstie said hugging Scott tighter. "And I only have scratches and bruises. We love you Scott. Nothing can break that." Avi added.

Scott left the room 30 minutes later after chatting with them to go shopping. Avi stuck with Kirstie at the hospital.

He went to Costco and bought flowers. Also chocolate. And teddy bear. And a card. And a 50 dollar bill.

He rushed back to the hospital to give the gifts to Kirstie. "Thank you Scott. You really didn't have to do this." "But I really did. I put you in physical pain." He said hugging her again.

"Doc said I am allowed to leave now. He's probably the nicest doctor I've met." Scott and Avi agreed. "His name is Kevin. He is only 2 years older than us. He's a genius!" Scott explained.

--

The gang went back to their usual schedule, at the Starbucks shop. "Kirstie! I heard you were in an accident! I hope your getting better. And No worries, you don't have to work for a couple weeks." Christine patted her back.

"Thank you boss! But I would like to work! Maybe not do cashier and moving boxes, but I can clean! No worries." Kirstie replied. She ran to the back of the shop before Christine could stop her.

"This girl is unstoppable!" She laughed. Avi and Scott laughed back.

Avi grabbed a news paper. "Hey look it's us!" Avi said pointing to the dented truck crashed into a small car. They read all about themselves and laughed.

"Wait. I totally blanked like the jerk I am. The people in the other car!" Scott yanked the newspaper away from Avi to scan the article.
"24 year old Mitch Grassi was driving home from work until a Ford Truck stuck his car. Grassi has received the most severe injuries out of all victims. Now rested in the Los Angeles Hospital. What have I done. I might have killed this innocent man. I'm going to the hospital asap."

"He's at another hospital though. I wonder why we weren't at the same one. To stop a fight? Maybe he is more comfortable? Who knows." Avi replied.

--

"Hi I'm here to visit Mitch Grassi?" Scott said to the front desk lady.

"Yes! Are you a relative or family friend? If you aren't I'm afraid you will have to wait."

"No um, I'm the one who caused the accident."

"Oh. Well um sure you can go on ahead." The lady changed tone.

Scott walked into the room to see a man in a hospital bed. At least 14 bouquets of flowers. He must be sleeping. He said to himself.

A nurse walked in and greeted Scott. "Hello, um I was wondering when he fell asleep. Do you know when he's gonna wake up?" Scott asked kindly.

"He's been here for only a day. If you asking already, I can see that this is going to be a long ride for you. He fell on contact with the accident. Might be years till he wakes up."

"What do you mean? I'm confused." Scott said with his heart racing faster by the second.

"Haven't you heard? Mitch Grassi is in a coma."