Chapter 39

I just have to say this real quick:
*this is a shoutout to my fans/readers*
Oh my god, thank you all sooo much for 40K reads! I honestly feel like I suck at writing, so having this many reads makes me incredibly happy and I can't thank you enough! You guys are the best!

Chapter 39

How nobody managed to find us yet is surprising, and unnerving. I am positively sure that Michael knows that Nikola and I are out of our cells and that we possibly could have escaped, even though we're still in his territory. He knows we won't leave without Brechelle, but I don't think he expected me to find the Gifted. Or even free them. Or maybe it was his plan all along, the only thing I don't know in this case is what his plan is.

But I can't help but feel scared. Alex managed to teleport most of the Gifted out of Michael's territory. The ones being teleported first were elderly and injured, followed by children and mothers, and lastly the gift-less young adults both women and men along with Danielle, Alex's wife as a temporary leader-in-charge over the Gifted. He teleported them to the Castle of Magicia, where Nikola and Brechelle used to live. Nikola sent his word, through a magical letter-thing that I don't really know how it works-, to his second in command and the people of the castle welcomed the Gifted with protection and peace.

The only ones that stayed were me, Nikola, and Alexander who insisted on helping us save Brechelle as a way to repay us for saving his circle, and even though I told him there's nothing to repay, because they are my circle too and our only chance and hope of defeating Michael and his demons, he kept on saying that it's what a true leader would do anyways. It annoyed Nikola that Alex is coming with to boss us around, but he couldn't refuse help if it meant a higher chance of saving his Queen.

''So, now what?'' I ask as I look at Nikola, waiting for him to say something. He's been quiet all the while Alex was teleporting people to his castle. He must have been thinking about a plan to save Brechelle but so far he hasn't said a thing, and we've been in the same cell for more than two hours now since we entered it, and I'm afraid that any second now, Michael's guards will come in and kill us.

Whatever Michael is planning, everything so far has been too easy. The escape from our cells, to entering the Gifted's cell and saving them? It's too easy. By now, guards should've been through every inch of the territory looking for us. Unless we're not a priority and this has been Michael's plan all along. But why would he want us to save the Gifted? They are the deadly weapon against his army. Why hasn't he killed them off like the rest of the Gifted? None of this makes sense.

''Alexander, do you think you can teleport us to Brechelle?'' Nikola finally asks as he eyes Alex seriously, their differences put aside. Alexander sighs and shakes his head.

''I'm sorry, but I can't teleport to places I haven't seen. If I do that, I-we can get stuck in limbo, and that's not something I want to risk'' Nikola closes his eyes forcefully and takes in a deep breath as if to control his anger.

''Wait for a second! If I telepathically share with you an image of how her cell looks like, do you think you'll be able to teleport us there?'' I ask, hoping that it works because I so need to get out of this place. I feel myself becoming weaker and weaker without my wolf. It feels like I'm losing blood slowly and soon I'll collapse. My vision is already starting to blur and it's becoming a strain to keep standing.

Alexander thinks it over for a few seconds. ''In theory, it might work. But I haven't tried it before, so I don't know if it'll work or not. But is your gift even working?''

''Let's see'' I say and close my eyes. I try to envision his mind, the first step to entering his mind is to find it, but I'm having a hard time finding it. How is it possible that just a while ago I was in Brechelle's mind and entered Alex's wife's mind but now for some reason, I have trouble entering his mind? My powers are really confusing. I open my eyes and growl lowly.