Shay took one last glare at Lloyd before turning his back on us and began walking. I took a deep breath before turning to Lloyd.

"Get some air, geez." I said then took Kim's hand and pulled her away. This is not worth being late for class for.

------

Lloyd ditched his guy friends to walk Kim and I home. Apparently he's still hung up that Shay might show up and starts talking to me again.

Since the incident, Lloyd had kept a serious atmosphere by all means. His humorous manner decreased and he stopped entertaining Kim and their childish bickering. I couldn't help but feel bothered by it, so I stopped pointing it out. I want him to snap out of it though, but it seems like it's something that couldn't be helped by the time being.

Kim and I were busy talking when a car suddenly stopped beside us. It was Kim's mother.

"Oh, mom, hey." Kim said, slightly surprised.

"Hey, kids. It's been a while. How are you?" She smiled. Kim's mom was beautiful, although her face was showing various signs of aging. She was older than most moms, but you could tell in her youth that she was just as beautiful as Kim is. She's the type of person that would kindly open her arms for everyone, regardless of who they might be. Her soft personality had always lured everyone into liking her instantly. I bet she was popular with boys back then too.

Sadly, her smile completely vanished when she saw me.

"Penny. What happened? Your eye." Worry was all you could see in her expression.

I decided to laugh it off. "Ah, this is nothing. I ran into a pole, that's all."

"Do you really expect me to believe that?" She replied. "I know how you can get, Ray. Let me guess, you got into a fight?"

"Binggo." Lloyd dinged.

Clera, Kim's mom, sighed. "Honestly."

"Well, how are you anyway, Clera?" I asked genuinely, though I did want to change the subject.

"Good actually. How bout you, Lloyd?"

"Likewise."

"That's good to hear." She flashed a smile before placing her eyes upon Kim. "It's good that I saw you guys. Come inside, sweetie."

"Yeah. While we're at it can we drive Penny and Lloyd at their homes too? They are just neighbors after all."

"No problem at all." She cheered. "What do you say kids, hop on in?"

I was about to accept the offer, but before I was given the chance, Lloyd cut in with a rather pressy tune.

"We're good. You guys go on a head."

Kim and I gave him a surprised look. Kim was obviously taken a back while I felt a strong pressure coming from this.

"Are you sure? It'd be no problem at all." Clera reassured.

Lloyd nodded. He gave Kim a look that they could only understand. Kim understood it and nodded for approval. She got in the car and lastly said our goodbyes before she drove off with her mom.