Prologue

I'd never really given much thought to my death (as in, proper death, not just sneaking in to the Underworld on some random quest), even though I'd had plenty a good enough reason to in the last few years. Some of my friends were dead and gone - Silena, Beckendorf, Luke... None of them even reached the age of twenty. That was the typical life of a half-blood. Life was tough and short, Being the son of the immortal Poseidon didn't really have many advantages either - I mean, sure, controlling the seas and being able to breathe underwater had its perks, but after a while, the novelty wore off a bit. And as for being one of the most powerful demigods in existence was a bit annoying at times. Monsters could find me almost anywhere. People always looked up to me as the leader, always expecting great things from the fabled Perseus Jackson, even though I didn't always have the answer.

 Couldn't people understand that maybe I didn't want to be famous. Sometimes I wished my dad wasn't as important and powerful as he was. Then I wouldn't be so famous - the child that never should have existed. Sometimes I even wished that my dad was just a normal guy, then I could have maybe lived a normal life, alongside Annabeth. But no such luck. I was stuck with who I was, living a cursed life.

 A life that was about to end.