Part 7: The Team

/Yamaguchi's p.o.v./

The next day at school I turned onto the campus feeling actually quite happy, which by the way, never happens. Usually coming here would be making me want to shoot my brains out, but today I was just glad that I'd be able to see Tsuki again after the long weekend.

So yes he is a jerk who enjoys messing around and teasing more than the thought of ever being in any type of loving relationship with me, but that doesn't stop me from majorly crushing on him. And as much as I didn't want to admit it I was crushing on him... pretty hard to. I don't know of anyone who has every actually been on my mind as much as him. Besides my father... but obviously that's a different story...

"Hey, Yama~" a voice pierced my ears causing me to freeze in my tracks.

For a second I almost thought the voice belonged to Tsuki and that he was teasing me with the nickname like he had Friday night, but sadly my silent prayers weren't answered.

"Heard you tried out for the volleyball team." The main leader in the group of his bullies chuckled as they all practically surrounded him like prey, backing him up against the wall. "That was quite a surprise, but it's not like a pathetic commoner like you will ever even make it."

"Well we will just have to wait till the results don't we." I replied not able to look him in the eye. "Now excuse me I have to get to class..." I tried to leave through a crack in their human wall, but he stopped me by out stretching his arm, and placing his hand on the wall behind.

"Ooh well look what we have here." He whistled in sarcastic impressment. "Did you just somewhat talk back to me?"

"Wh-what no!" I quivered, instantaneously regretting saying anything.

"Really cause I think you did." He growled, he reached toward me with his other hand but before he could grab me I quickly ducked under his arm and made a run for it. I automatically heard them start to chase after me, so I picked up the pace, running into the main building and to my classroom.

Once inside they all stopped short of the door. "We'll see you later commoner." They then all walked away.

"Yamaguchi." A voice came from behind.

"Eep!" I squeaked quickly wheeling around to see Tsuki standing there looking surprised by my jumpiness. I calmed when I realized it was him. "Oh... Hey Tsuki." I managed between slight pants.

"You okay?" He asked seeming to still be entirely confused and even slightly weirded out by my behavior.

"Yeah, sorry I just didn't expect someone to be here... so early." He trailed off. "Where's Mrs. Ashiri?"

"She's making copies." He relied casually. "Are you nervous?"

"For what?" I asked panicking in my head thinking maybe he saw straight through me and knew about my feelings.

"For the announcement of who made the team?" He looked at me strangely again seeming surprised that I had forgotten.

"Oh! Yeah right..." I scratched the back of my head nervously. "I guess... a little bit, yes."

"Well we both did well at tryouts so I'm sure we'll be fine." He pushed it off casually sitting in his seat.

"Oh good morning Yamaguchi." Mrs Ashiri greeted as she walked into the room a stack of fresh papers in her hands. "Glad to see your here early and ready to learn."

"Good morning." I replied with a simple smile. I then sat down and waited till the class slowly started to fill with the other students and begin.

-&-