chapter 3: The Jerk and The Coward

hey guys here is the third part I hope you'll like it.

/Yamaguchi's p.o.v./

"Yama, this is Tsukishima kei. He's your new fiancé."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." He bowed down, taking my hand, and brought it to his lips to kiss.

I felt my face go a little red. He's just teasing me! I can't believe this I honestly can't believe this. You've got to be kidding me! I stared blankly for a minute my mind still in full shock mode.

My mother cleared her throat. "Um... Tadashi dear?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and pulled my hand away. "Oh right!" Realizing I had embarrassingly raised my voice I looked down, taking a step back, and lowered it to a shy whisper. "It's... Um nice to meet you too."

"Well Yama I'll let you entertain our guest for a few minutes while I go check on dinner." My mother smiled and then left.

No don't leave us alone together! Mother why have you forsakened me?!

"So." Tsuki spoke up making me jump a little. "You're exactly the same here as you are at school." He almost sounded disappointed.

"Hey!" I pointed an accusing finger at him. I realized I had raised my voice again and blushed lowering it a bit. "D-did you know this whole time?"

"Well yes I knew that my parents had arranged a marriage for me and a boy named Yamaguchi Tadashi, but I assure you i didn't know who you actually were till you told me." He explained.

"So... You just saved me out of the goodness of your heart?" I asked in confusion, a slight unbelieving tone in my voice.

He gave a small sarcastic laugh. "Sure let's go with that."

"Well if you knew why the hell didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"Cause I thought it would be more fun to watch you quiver and blush when you were surprised. It was." another smirk formed across his face.

"Wh-What why?" I asked.

"Boys! Dinner is ready." my mother walked into the room interrupting our conversation.

-&-

The next day I arrived at school and heaved a heavy sigh. Tsuki was, to put it lightly, a huge jerk. Though he would put on an act in front of my mother acting like a nice well mannered gentleman.

I couldn't tell if I should take that side of him seriously, or hate him for trying to act all innocent. Who does he think he is anyway? I remembered his words.

"Cause I thought it would be more fun to watch you quiver and blush when you were surprised. It was."

Seriously, just because he's big and tough, tall, and impeccably handsome doesn't mean he can walk all over me. I slouched my shoulders when I realized what I had just thought. It would probably be a good idea to stop thinking about his good looks than...

"Yama!" I heard a familiar voice call my name from behind.

Before I even had time to respond someone took my hand as they were zooming past and dragged me along with them.

"H-Hinata?!" I asked in surprise and started running to keep up. Kageyama was also following closely to our side. "What's up?"

"The sign up sheets are up! We need to go!" He explained.

"Sign up sheets for what?" I asked.

We came to a sudden halt in front of the school's message board. I tried to collect myself.

"Volleyball tryouts of course!" He said happily taking the pen hanging by the signup paper, and eagerly scrawling his name down in the first slot.

When he was finished Kageyama did the same.

"Ha I beat you bakayama!" Hinata stuck his tongue out at the taller boy.

"Shut up dumbass!" Kageyama snapped.

I laughed quietly at their childish banter.

"You should sign up to Yama." Hinata suggested. "Then we could spend more time hanging out together."

"Oh I don't know. I played a bit in middle school, but I'm not all that good at volleyball." I admitted rubbing the back of my neck.

Just then the bell rang.

"Well we really would like if you joined, so think about it okay?" Hinata asked.

"Alright." I replied honestly.

"See you later." And with that they were gone.

I looked back over at the sign up sheet on the board. I stepped up to it going over in my mind if I should sign up. It would be fun to have some time with my friends, and I did somewhat enjoy it last year. Then again I honestly was never that good. I'd probably weigh them down... But Hinata says I should join, so should I? I started to hesitantly reach out for the pen. My hand almost seeming to not want to go the whole way. And if I did grab it would I even have the courage to write my name?

Just before my fingertips touched the pen someone from behind me grabbed it.

"You're too slow." He grumbled.

I knew that voice. "Ts-Tsuki?"

He didn't respond instead he just leaned in toward the board. I blushed profusely as I felt his upper body press against my back. His arm rested on my shoulder slightly, and as he reached around he lightly brushed against my cheek causing sparks to surge through that spot in my skin. Then he neatly printed his name in the next blank slot under Kageyama and backed away dropping the pen back to its place.

"I-I would have moved you know." I tried to sound angry at his rudeness, but couldn't hide the slight shaking of my voice. I didn't dare turn around and kept my gaze glued to the pavement as I waited for the blush to go away.

"You probably would have taken too long to do that as well." He sighed in annoyance. "So are you going to sign up or not?"

"I- I don't know yet..." I trailed off.

"Figures. I should have figured you couldn't handle it." He muttered.

"Want do you mean by that?" I snapped defensively finally turning to look at him.

He smiled smugly seeming to enjoy my reaction. "Nothing it's not my fault you're too much of a coward to join. Have fun never being social." And with that he walked away off to class.

God! That guys really makes me angry! I may be quite cowardly when it comes to most things, but I'm not completely pathetic. I do have friends. I'll show him! I turned to the board, snatching up the pen, and quickly scribbled down my name in the next empty slot before going to class. I'll prove to him that I'm more than he could possibly ever think I am. You can bet your life on that!

Hey guys I hope you like the new part. Ooo Yama's got some motivation woo! And it's all thanks to Tsuki (even if it is cause he's a jerk XD) vote and comment, bye!
                                     -Hannah😋