Chapter 16

A/N - This ch. is dedicated to my AWESOME, new editor! Thx to everyone who offered to help!

Skye’s POV

Sorry for party rocking!

A loud disruption of blaring music burst through the house, the bass pounding in our heads. The pain shot through me like I had been shocked, but only a wince showed on my face thanks to the emotionless barrier of a mask I wore.

“I’m sorry Skye. I can ask them to turn it off…. Or down!?” Demi said immediately, noticing my discomfort.

I shook my head as I let the ghost of a grateful smile grace my features, before I nodded for Demi to head inside. She took one more look at Gary, and a wave of surprise washed through me as she took a second to glare at Gary before sliding past him. Before she reached the sliding doors, she turned back around, raising her fist for me to pound.

"It's a fist full of love!" She said, shrugging her shoulders. I stood there in shock as I repeated the phrase over in my mind.

It's a fist full of love!

It echoed in my mind as I tried to shy away from Demi. She was scaring the shit out of me with that one phrase. I felt the world spinning and the grass looming dangerously towards me, closing in. I felt my breathing cut short, and I gasped weakly for air as I tried to escape Demi's grasp as she caught me.

The last thing I heard was Katie asking why I reacted so negatively towards Gary. She explained what I always used to tell them, I thought that Gary was the only family who ever truly loved me. She didn't know past that. I saw Demi's worried face and Selena's concentrated look trained onto me, as I started seeing black spots eat my vision and I blacked out.

*Flashback*

I felt a warm, thick liquid oozing down the side of my face. My eye wouldn’t open, my vision blurred and my heart was beating more crimson pain to my forehead where, gashed into my face, was the rock that I had found so proudly in my back yard when I was two. I had held on to it, and hadn’t let go until I saw Maria. It was for her and she had realized that. As she picked me up, I saw a longing in her eyes, for the innocence of my age that had found the rock that had now been bashed straight into my skull again.

The streaked rock, splattered in crimson over the rainbow that shone on it before, dropped to the ground with a thud. I raised my head, a snapping pain in my neck as my chapped lips quivered in fear as I tried to form a sound.

Gary looked down on me… he was 15, almost 16, and I was only 7. His eyes were glistened over, and all I could see in his eyes was love, love for what he was doing.

“I… I love you” he said as he crunched up in pain, as if loving me was a sin. I looked down as salt slipped out of my eyes, if he believed I was a sin, then that’s what I was. “Why didn’t you STOP HER!” he screamed raising his voice, his fist clutching up his t-shirt at his chest as if trying to rip the pain right out of his heart. “SHE WAS MY SISTER!”

He fell on the ground, his knees smashing onto the wooden floor, now painted in the mixture of our blood. His hand crashed down next to his knee, holding him up.

My neck fell back, the blood flowing into my eyes as I lost my vision. I crumpled to the floor, and all I could think about was Gary’s pain as I reached over weakly and set my hand gently on his, like I was an annoying pest of a bug. He whacked at my hand and I heard the crack and the fall back snap of my wrist as I let a smile creep onto my face for the first time, happy that I had finally seen that maybe I wasn’t the only one hurting because of Maria’s death…