58. "You're totally impossible!"

Начните с самого начала

                                                 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The next ninety minutes Ginny did her best to get her friend to agree with at least some make-up, a slightly elaborate hairstyle and have her accept the blue satin ribbons that held her hair in place.

"You know the saying, Hermione, something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. We got the blue bit."

"The dress is new and my underwear...," the older witch blushed, "isn't."

"That means I need to find something that you can borrow."

"How about I let you borrow this?"

They turned at the male voice. Blaise was standing at the top of the stairs with a wide smirk on his face.

"I can see, why he is so hell bent on getting you for himself." he muttered under his breath as he surveyed the bride in her white dress.

"You shouldn't be here!" Ginny stabbed her finger against his chest.

"Why ever not?"

"You're a guy! You can't just come up here and..."

He softly lay one of his long fingers on her lips. She was too shocked to carry on ranting at him.

"I was sent to let lovely Granger here know that her parents have arrived and her dad is waiting for the word to collect her." he grinned broadly. Enjoying how flustered the witch before him was by the simple gesture he had used to shut her up.

He leisurely surveyed her face and was wondering what it would be like to enjoy her for a night. She would be fiery between the sheets. He knew she would be. Pity Potter knew and he would never find out.

He flashed her a seductive smile and then stepped around her.

"I'm sure our dear Draco isn't going to object, when I lend this to you for the day." his left hand unfurling he revealed a silk and lace creation of which Hermione wasn't quite sure what it was supposed to be. She eyed him suspiciously as he bent his knee before her. His warm hand gently touching her ankle.

"What... what are you...," she felt herself shudder as he lifted her foot carefully as not to unbalance her, "Blaise!" Her voice rising close to a shriek, her hand on his shoulder now to steady herself. "What are you doing?"

"Helping the lovely bride into her garter. Being best man has its privileges." was the nonchalant answer. She gasped, but didn't stop him as he expertly moved his hands slowly up her leg. Making sure his hands were underneath her dress while his eyes stayed firmly on top. He could see her blushing and lowered his gaze to the floor, grinning. This girl would be his best mate's wife in less than an hour. Wife. He ever so slightly shook his head.

If the youngest Weasley sibling wouldn't have been so shocked by his actions she would have probably hexed the dark skinned, kneeling wizard with some of her worst spells. But as it was, he finished what he had come for and then rose gracefully from the floor. Winking at the bride he blew the maid of honour a kiss and vanished back down the stairs with a huge smirk plastered all over his face. 

                                                 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Ron had waited until he saw his sister come downstairs in order to let the guest know that the ceremony was about to start.

His steps faltered slightly as he reached the top of the stairs. Hermione stood with her back to him and hum ed to herself. He smiled sadly. She should have been wearing this dress for him, humming with happy anticipation for him, should have been sharing his bed... He had been an utter idiot and he knew it. Taking her for granted had cost him everything. She would now be sharing the life of their enemy. Though how much of an enemy Malfoy still was, was probably debatable. If she could decide to spend the rest of her life with him than surely he couldn't be that foul git they had endured at school for so long.

His gaze travelled over her slightly swaying figure. She seemed to be lost in thoughts as she still hadn't noticed him. The thought of what Malfoy had been doing with her made him shiver as he looked around and realised with a start that it was their bedroom they were standing in. He didn't want to think about her succumbing to his... Trying his best to vanquish these disturbing images from his mind Ron stepped slowly forward.

"Hermione?" his voice sounded hoarse.

She turned and her eyes widened in shock as she recognised him.

"What are you doing...?"

He held his hands up in alarm. He didn't want her to attract the attention of the people at the bottom of the stairs.

"What are you doing here?" she hissed.

"I've come to apologise."

She gasped, her mouth hanging open.

"I'm sorry, I've been such an idiot. I should've done all the things Malfoy has accused me of not doing. I should have taken better care of you. I should have tried to be a better friend, boyfriend I mean. I shouldn't have been relying on you helping me with my homework all the time. I should have send you flowers, taken you for romantic diners and all that. I should have done so much more, but I didn't and now I'm paying the price for it. He gets to marry you not me."

He slowly got hold of her hands and was wondering for a moment why she wasn't wearing an engagement ring, but dismissed the thought again.

"I want you to be happy, Hermione, and if he makes you happy..."

"He does." she whispered, her eyes on his hands holding hers.

"Then that is all that matters." he touched the back of her hand to his lips as he spoke. As their eyes met she saw for the very first time what lay beneath his rough and clumsy exterior. Would things have been different had she seen it before she wondered. No, her future had only ever been with Draco, even so both of them hadn't been aware of this fact for the longest time.

Ron gently kissed her cheek and smiled at her with embarrassment filled eyes.

"I'll better go."

"Yes. Is everybody really downstairs? I mean, this is..."

He grinned. "Yes, Hermione, this is all really happening. Your parents are there, his mother and an Auror called James Mulligan, all my family, Teddy and Shaklebolt."

"His mother is still under protection? I thought..."

"I think, Mulligan isn't here professionally," he winked at her, "but privately."

"Oh."

They could hear soft steps ascending the stairs. Hermione cast a quick spell to conceal him and moments later her dad came into view smiling at his daughter.

"Are you ready?" his voice sounded happy and sad at the same time. Loosing his daughter meant he was gaining a son. A son who wasn't half as bad as he had made out himself to be when they first met.

"Yes, dad." was the soft answer.

He held his arm out for her and she looped her own around it.

"I hope that you will be very happy with Draco."

"I will. I know I will."

"Then we shouldn't let him wait any longer for his beautiful bride. He looked a bit apprehensive when I came up."

Horror spread over her face as she stopped dead in her tracks and looked at her father. A big, loving smile greeted her. Realising he had only be joking she tried to make a grim face at him, but only managed to grin back. 

                                                 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

There was soft music coming from somewhere in the background. A semi circle of chairs had been arranged in their living room facing the patio doors and the arch of flowers that was placed in front of them. Her mother was sitting on the left hand side closest to the aisle, while his mother and the auror were sitting on the right hand side. The Weasley's were dispersed over the remaining chairs. Young Teddy was held by Mrs. Weasley. To Hermione's utter astonishment it was Kingsley Shaklebolt, the Minister for Magic himself, that was standing underneath the flower arch.

"He does look apprehensive." Mr. Granger whispered.

His daughter tried not to chuckle.

"Just like I did when I married your mother." he gently squeezed her arm.

Hermione gazed at her groom and he looked rather handsome in his black dress robes, trousers and waistcoat, the white shirt and his Slytherin house tie. Smiling to herself she let go of her father's arm and stood next to Draco who shot her a nervous glance.

Blaise stood tall beside his friend. A smile playing around his lips. He remembered that day they had met, Draco reading this weird book about becoming a father. He didn't believe then that his mate of many years would actually go through with it, but here they were. He was the best man to a wedding that was so unlikely he wouldn't believe it, if he wouldn't actually see it for himself.

Ginny as maid of honour was standing next to the bride feeling happy, excited and also somewhat apprehensive. What, if this didn't work out? What if Hermione got her heart broken by him? What if... Her thoughts were interrupted by the Minister. Kingsley cleared his throat, the music died down and the official ceremony began.

"I have been asked to perform the ceremony of marriage for the here present Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy. It was somewhat of a surprise for me as I had expected to be only a simple guest, but I feel honoured to officiate. So, would the groom please take the right hand of the bride."

Hermione could feel his hand shaking as he slowly took her own. She turned slightly to look at him and smiled. His face was guarded and open at the same time, but his eyes only showed the love he felt for her.

"Magic is something most of us here are born with and we are used to it, but all too often not even we understand the magic that is called love. The only feeling able to ally enemies, to bridge impassable rifts and unite what seems incompatible. The best example is the couple here before us. Who of their friends and family would have thought it possible for them to find the happiness they have found together? For them to be able to look beyond all that should be best left in past, for a new life to arise from a union as unlikely as this one should be inspiration for all of us. The war is over. Only peace and forgiveness should be ruling our world now."

He paused and looked at the people seated on both sides of the couple. All and every emotion could be seen on their faces. Thoughts of love ones lost and lives saved were all to tangible in the atmosphere.

"So let us now join this man and this woman as they have asked."

Blaise retrieved a small box from his trouser pocket and handed it to Kingsley. The box was opened and revealed two simple golden wedding rings.

"Draco."

The young wizard carefully took the smaller of the two rings and his gaze met his bride's. Then he slowly slipped the ring onto her finger, his own fingers trembling as he did so.

"I, Draco Malfoy, take you, Hermione Granger, as my wife. I'll have the privilege to cherish and to hold you. To love you through all our days, good or bad. I promise to be the best man, husband and companion to you that I can be and I'll be a true father to our children. I love you, Lea."

He gently touched the ring and her hand to his lips.

"Hermione."

Her heart was racing as his words had touched something deep within her soul. She slowly reached for the second ring and then slipped it onto his pale finger. As she looked back up at his face, her heart did a somersault.

She took a deep breath and then said, "I, Hermione Granger, take you, Draco Malfoy, as my husband. My heart will be with you always. No matter how dark times are going to be I'll never again leave your side. Pride fills me at the thought of being the mother to your children. You're my life. I love you, my dragon."

"Before I declare this union fulfilled it is my duty to asked all present, if they know of any reason for this marriage not to be..."

Somebody on the left hand side sneezed. Everybody present looked around. Fleur's face was beetroot coloured.

"Sorry about that," Bill said, looking rather embarrassed himself.

Everybody turned back to the couple, whispering for a moment.

"As there has no valid reason been presented I therefore declare this bond legal and officially recognised." With a big smile he slightly turned towards the groom. "You are allowed to kiss your wife now."

Which he did, with a lot of hesitation, but Hermione just wound her arms around him and let him forget about the other people in the room.