47. Take care of her

Draco was laying on his side next to his witch. She was laying on her stomach, her back was uncovered as he had carefully pulled the sheets off her. He had been longing to see the dragon on her back again. Though he couldn't have said why exactly, but watching him slowly stretch and wriggle warmed his heart. It was proof that she loved him. Hermione Granger, the one witch that should have been way out off his league, had been the one he had desired to be with.

It had been a rocky start for them, but now there was nothing that could dampen the joy he was feeling. Her parents had accepted him as her fiancé. It had been important for him that her family was happy with her choice. He would have married her no matter what, but knowing she would have her parents for support meant a lot to him.

He sighed and softly touched her skin just in front of the dragon's snout. To his astonishment the little fellow seemed to be stretching towards his finger in order to sniff it. Draco let his finger rest where it was and felt a strange sensation tingle in the tip of his index finger as it was inspected. Grinning he watched the magical creature move around in order to get a better idea of what was lying in its path. It was breathing fire a moment later and feeling the heat the young wizard made sure his finger was moved out off harms way.

Hermione muttered in her sleep moments later. He bend over, brushed her untamed curls back and kissed her cheek. She smelled of flowers and cinnamon. There was also the hint of vanilla. Getting lost in this wonderful scent was all too easy for him.

"Draco?"

He shuffled closer and covered her back.

"Yes, Lea?"

"Have you been playing with him?"

"Aeh...?"

She shifted and looked at him with her still sleep filled eyes. Ice cream in the desert wouldn't have melted any faster than he felt himself melt under her gaze.

"I haven't..."

She propped herself on her elbow providing him with an enticing view as the covers shifted slightly.

"You had your fingers on my back."

"Oh..."

"Yes?"

He smirked.

"He looked a bit bored, so I thought I just give the little fellow...

She hit him with her pillow. Getting a hold of the soft weapon that was used against him he pulled her against his body, wrapped the sheets around her and then kissed her until she didn't try to wriggle out from under him any longer. His smouldering gaze made her shiver. When did he start to have this kind of effect on her? She didn't get the chance to linger on this thought as his hands had started to slowly unwrap her. More shivering. This time his face showed a wide smirk.

"I knew, you wouldn't be able to resist me any longer once you had tasted the sensual pleasures I can bestow upon you."

Pretending to be affronted she ruffled his hair and was about to say something when she felt his warm, long fingers on her thigh, moving slowly inwards. She gasped. Her body was on fire a heartbeat later. His lips caressed her cheek.

"You are simply delicious, Lea." His husky voice breathed into her ear.

She moaned at the thought of what he would be doing to her. Again. He had been right though, in moments like this she was unable to resist him. She wanted to do anything but resist. His hand was now placed lightly on her sensitive skin, moving ever so slightly. It was driving her insane. Turning her face towards him she crashed her lips onto his. Wanton laced the sounds escaping him.

Feathering kisses down her neck he distracted her from the fact that his hand was now moving towards her hip, wandering over her tummy next. The moment it reached her navel he stopped. Gently removing his lips he opened his eyes and looked at her. Hermione didn't know why he had stopped kissing her, but when she locked her gaze onto him she discovered surprise and a hint of shock on his features.

What had happened? He brushed a kiss against her mouth and then slowly pulled the covers off her. She shuddered. Did he just want to look at her now? Or was he planning...

"Hermione!" He whispered tenderly.

She tried to see what he was looking at now and found it to be her stomach. Caring fingers were running over it.

"It's real. You are carrying our baby."

Of course she was carrying their baby. What was he on about? Why did he suddenly seem to realise that... and then she saw that where he was actually directing his attention was a small bump visible. She held her breath. How had this happened? Why did she not notice it before now?

He widely grinned at her. "You are having my baby."

She let her thumb rum over his cheek, smiling. "Of course I'm having your baby."

A frown was spreading over his elated features.

"Hermione?"

"Yes, Draco?"

"I don't think I could... not now. Not knowing that our son is actually growing...," he trailed his fingers over her bump, "within you."

"You couldn't do what?" A moment later she knew exactly what he was talking about. She sighed. "It's not going to..."

His fingers silenced her. He slowly shook his head.

"I'd be too afraid to harm either of you."

"You know that you wouldn't, Draco."

There was a pained expression on his face. She kissed him.

"Don't worry. I'll survive. Even if it means to have to remember what you can do to me for the next five months."

He bent over and kissed the skin all around her belly button.

"I love you, Hermione." He whispered.

"I love you, too, my dragon."

-pop- Draco tried his best to just ignore the knowledge that there was now a house elf standing next to the bed. Could he not just leave them alone?

"Master?"