Revamp, Chapter 1

"Ella ." My aunt Rina called from my bedroom door, knocking softly.

"I'm almost ready." I stared at myself in the mirror, stared back at me is a girl with soft brown hair and big brown eyes.

My hair almost had a red tinge to it, my aunt always said it reminded her of someone she use to know so she over obsessed with it, especially when I curled it the way I did tonight. It reached just below my waist, and although I wished to cut it shorter, she always refused to let me. I didn't complain much considering it was pin-straight and easy to manage.

"You know our reservation is at 8:30 pm right? it's already 8:05." She sighed, and I could feel her playful eyeroll through the door.

"I know, two more minutes." I adjusted my dress, and quickly put on my small and dainty gold jewellery she had gotten for my 18th birthday today.

The jewellery is a matching gold rose set, a single rose on a chain for a necklace, a tennis bracelet and stud roses for earrings.

They're beautiful. I did a quick once-over of the completed look, mentally smiling at the end results, the plain black strap heels going perfect with my all black halter neck dress. Makeup minimal, with a glossy lip.

"You look so pretty." My aunts hands flew to her mouth. "You look just like her."

Dramatic like always, I smiled mentally.

It was just me and my Aunt, us against the world she always said. My birth mom died giving birth to me, they were best friends in high school. They were both in the system, no parents, no siblings, no extended family they knew of and no father in the picture. Aunt Rina was my mother's next of kin, her emergency contact, so at two days old I was placed in her care with full custody. She has always been open about my mother and shared as much as she could about her.

"With twenty minutes to get to the restaurant, you're spoiling me." She faked sincerity. "You shouldn't have Ella."

"Ha ha, I'm working on my time management okay." I rolled my eyes, getting into the passenger seat.

"Ren is coming?" She asked, focused on her driving.

"He said he was." I nodded, sending him a quick text message as a reminder.

We pulled up at the fancy restaurant, it was more posh than I could imagine. Valet waited as we exited the car and handed over the keys. Aunt Rina quickly thanked the valet before looping her arm through mine, something we've been doing since I was young.

"When you said fancy, I didn't think you meant this fancy." I stared into the large dining room filled with people who looked to be worth quite a bit of money.

"It's your 18th, I wanted it to be special." She hummed, "It's what your mother would have wanted, you're officially a woman."

People stared as I took in my surroundings, making it obvious that I in fact didn't belong in their presence. Pricks, mentally rolling my eyes at them, the small smile never leaving my lips.

"Good evening." A blonde woman smiled. "Do you have a reservation with us?"

"Under the name Ella." My aunt smiled, making small talk with the woman, she seemed nice enough and lead us to our table.