Depressed

1-3-17

Drowning. Drowning. Drowning in tears.
Screaming. Screaming. But nobody hears. 
Am I invisible? Can they not see?
The pain I'm in?  Oh God! Please help me!

The smile. The smile. The smile I wear. 
It's fake. It's fake. But nobody cares.
What can I do? What can I say?
No matter my pleading, it won't go away.

The voices. The voices. The voices I hear.
Help me. Help me. They are near.
Is it inside my head? Is it just me?
"Yeah." They tell me. "You're just crazy."

One. One. One two three.
I buy. I buy. A gun for me.
Where can I hide it where you can't see?
When I finally use it, I'll truly be free.

----

I see this from two people's perspective.

We'll say the first person is a girl.  The first one is from her perspective. She is around others a lot but they can't see the obvious pain she's in. It's all she wants:  to be noticed and helped.

The other person (we'll say they're a gut)  hears voices in his head. He tells people around him and they tell him that he is just crazy. They don't even take the time to help him.

Then they both buy a gun and they'll save it until they need it.

---
This poem is about awareness. The fact that people today are so obvious to the facts in front of them. Maybe they see but they don't care, or they don't know what to do, so they think "The next guy can deal with it."

It's stupid! If you see someone suffering, help them! Be a friend! I mean without my best friend (now she's an ex-best friend) and  (my sister), I wouldn't be here today. They became the bigger person and helped me through my depression. I have them to thank for my existence because without them I wouldn't be posting this poem.

So please, the next time, even a stranger is feeling depressed,  lend them a hand and maybe even be a friend. Depression is hard, but with friends, it's easier.

Like I always say, "Life without friends is a life not worth living."

---

Love you all!!!!

1-10-17