•|Chapter Twenty One|•

~Karli's POV~

After 20 minutes of running, I got service. Three bars is enough to call Lance.

The phone was ringing.

"Karli! Where are you!?" He screamed into the phone.
"I...I don't know?" I replied.
"You don't know?"
"It was Jenna. Just hurry, my location is on. You should be able to find me."
"I'm coming! I know where Jenna lives. Did you go up or down the road.
"Up."
"I know where you are then."
"Lance."
"Yes?"
"I..I love you."
"I love you too. That's why I'm coming to get you."
"Thank you."
"I'm coming. Stay where you are."
"I will."
"Okay bye."
"Bye."

We both hung up and I waited in him. I heard something in the bushes. I stood still with shock.

"Hello?"
"ITS ME!" Jenna yelled as she jumped on me, pinning me on the ground.

She had a knife and using every bit of strength in my body, I was holding her and back from my neck.

"You. Stole. Him. From. Me!" She yelled pushing downwards. I lifted my chin up trying to not get my throat slit open by a psycho ex girlfriend.

"JENNA!"

It's Lance!

"Get off of her." Lance said pushing Jenna off of me, she feel to the ground dropping the knife. He grabbed the knife and put it in his back pocket.

"Are you okay?" He asked helping me up.
"Yes. Now that you're here."
"Let's go before she gets up."

I nodded my head and we got into the car leaving Jenna there. We drove off as fast as we could.

~~

We walked into my house. I yawned. I can't tell my mom what just happened.

"Lance." I turned to him.
"Yes?" He turned to me.
"You don't have to stay here tonight. I know what to do if she tries to hurt me."
"No I'm staying!"
"No you're not. I can do this. I know I can."
"I'll...I'll trust you."
"Thank you."
"I love you."
"I love you too."

He gave me a kiss goodnight, then he left. He texted me though. Our conversation lasted like 2 minutes cause I was tired and we had school tomorrow.

Karli/Me: I'm tired. I'm gonna head to bed. You should too. Love you.
Lance: Aw.. :( You're right. We do have school tomorrow. So love you too.
Karli/Me: See ya at school tomorrow.
Lance: See you tomorrow babe love you. Goodnight
Karli/Me: love you too goodnight.