Chapter 26: Regrets and Ever Afters

Start from the beginning

He said nothing for a moment. Then he stepped in and embraced me in a warm and comforting hug. I burst into tears. All of the feelings I was trying to hide, trying to be strong for my friends, flowed freely. "I'm sorry Erza." He whisper was muffled by my hair.

"This isn't like you Erza," I thought to myself. "Neither of them would want you to cry like this." 

The tears dried quickly and I held him at arms length. I gave an embarrassed laugh and said. "It's been a while hasn't it."

He gave a quick smile and responded. "Much to long."

"I must look like a fool don't I?" I stood in front of the mirror again looking at the unfamiliar girl staring back at me.

"No you look perfect. You'll be fine, just speak from your heart," He said standing behind me. "We're going to be late if we don't leave soon."

I nodded and followed him out my door.

The sound of crying was all I heard. It all I could do not to join them while Master ended his eulogy in front of the two gravestones. "We have lost two outstanding wizards, and two of our family. They will never be forgotten. We will make sure of that." He walked back to his seat which already had a pool of water from the pouring rain.

I stood up. It was my turn. I took a deep breath and walked down the aisle and shuffled my index cards nervously. My hands were shaking as I stood in front of my guild. "Natsu was the first one to come to our guild, and-" Suddenly the cards tumbled from my shaking hands. They were soaked in an instant from the wet grass. "Damn." I whispered under my breath. The ink ran making the text unreadable.

I took a deep breath and stood back up. I didn't need these cards. I thought back to what Jellal had said earlier. "You'll be fine, just speak from your heart."

"Natsu and Lucy, my friends and my family. If they were here today and listening to the kind and wonderful things that everyone was saying about them they would be happy. Happy that they have left behind people that will miss them, people that will always love them, and people that will continue their legacy," I paused for a moment to catch my breath and wipe the 'rain' from my cheeks. "Natsu. He was outgoing and confident since he arrived at Fairy Tail. Lucy. She was beautiful inside and out with her big personality and king heart. Both were part of our family and both will forever be remembered as such."

I heard Gray whimper quietly. He was fully breaking down, while trying and failing to hide it. Juvia held him close as if trying to protect him from his own tears.

Suddenly I felt something on my shoulder. A warm sensation that greatly contradicted the cold rain. I don't know how, but I just had a feeling that I knew who it was. "Lucy?"

The warm presence slipped away as fast as it had came, leaving me feeling cold and empty inside. Then I realized that everyone was still staring at me. "I-I'm sorry... I can't do this."

Suddenly the rain stopped and I could see the faces of my guild mates clearly. They were staring at something behind me. I instantly whipped around to look.

The dark depressing clouds had parted letting the sun shine through. They were dressed in white as they stood in the sky. Lucy and Natsu were waving at us from far above with a smile on their faces. "We love you Fairy Tail!" They shouted.

My weak knees gave in and I fell to the still wet grass. "W-We love you to!" I whimpered with a smile as the tears ran down my face.

They took each other's hand and turned away running into the sun. I stared at them as long as I could before my eyes burned. I held my face in my hands letting the tears fall.

"Don't cry Erza, be happy!" Her voice rang in my head like a bell.

"How can I be happy, when your not here?" I whispered to her.

"The worst kind of pain is when your smiling, just to keep the tears from falling. Don't let that happen to you. Live and love!"

"I will... I-I promise." I looked to the now vibrant blue sky with a smile. I would fulfill her last wish even if I had to suffer first.

3 years later

The white dress was incredibly scratchy against my skin, but I had to endure. It was to late to go back to the dressing room.

Mine and Gray's arms were interlocked and we waited behind the closed wooden double doors. "You ready?" He asked me with an excited smile.

"I am now."

"Then let's do this." He pushed open the doors and started to lead me down the aisle. I heard hushed whispers and gasps as I walked past the many rows of long benches. It was all I could do not to trip while looking through my thick veil.

Waiting for me was a priest and a well dressed Jellal. I stood in front of him biting my lip from anticipation while he lifted the fabric from my face and smiled.

I couldn't hear any of the vows and didn't really pay attention to the ring exchange, but I waited with bated breath for the priest to say those seven words I've waited for my whole life. "I now pronounce you husband and wife."

I jumped into his arms and placed my lips on his prematurely. I just couldn't wait any longer. "You may now kiss the bride."

When we finally pulled away I whispered to him. "I'm lucky..."

Gajeel and Levy🔩📚

"To be..."

Gray and Juvia POV❄️💧

"In love with..."

Natsu and Lucy POV🔥🔑

"My best friend."

I'm depressed can you tell😂😂 Sadly this is the last chapter and there won't be a sequel... obviously. Read my second fanfic 'Perfection' for more Nalu!

Total word count: 42,270

Omg I literally have NO life😂 Thank you guys so much for 500 reads love you guys!!!