“Come on, let’s go inside, you must be hungry,” I said as I pulled away from him.

“Hold on,” Seth said lightly.

I looked at him worriedly. “What’s wrong?”

His eyes looked nervous, but they turned to seriousness.

“Violet, we’ve been together for a long time, and forever with you seems like a moment. It’s not enough for me.”

I smiled.

“Do you know what time it is?” he asked.

“Um…” just as I was about to answer his question, the clock inside the house rang as it struck twelve.

I smiled at the coincidence. “It’s midnight.”

Seth smiled. “Today, two years ago, was the day I met you.”

My mind rewound back to when I first met Seth.

“You remembered,” I gasped with wonder.

He nodded. “I also remember asking you this question, and I want to ask again, to see if your answer is the same,” he continued.

My eyebrows furrowed in puzzlement as he got down on one knee.

“What are you doing?” I asked as he had his head bowed down.

He chuckled, and produced a little black box. Just as he flicked it open, the faint cloud covering the moonlight disappeared as the moon’s rays hit the little star in the box.

I gasped as I stared at the little diamond ring.

“I’m proposing to you,” Seth replied answering my question.

I suddenly felt the need to breathe, since my lungs weren’t working properly.

“Violet Rose Brown, will you marry me?” he asked.

A smile spread across my lips as I began to feel mixed emotions.

“Yes,” I managed to choke. “Even if you were half giraffe,” I smiled recalling that conversation when he had proposed to me the first time.

Seth looked relieved as he took my cold hand in his and slid the ring onto my finger.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him forcefully.

As we parted for air, I looked at him. “My answer never changed.”

He smiled. “I just had to make sure.”

Out of nowhere, the air was disrupted with cheers and yelling as Quil, Embry, Jared and Paul bounded out of the forest.

I was suddenly picked up and thrown into the air by Paul, as Quil, Embry and Jared tackled Seth.

“You guys are getting married!” Paul said as he swung me around.

“Nice going!” Embry said to Seth.

“You’re a married man now Seth,” Quil said rubbing the top of his head.

“Congratulations!” Jared said pulling me into a hug when Paul had put me down.

“Thanks,” I replied with a smile.

“See Seth, there was no need to be nervous,” Quil said, “I told you she would say yes.”

He leant on Embry’s shoulder, looking smug.

“Yeah thanks,” Seth replied rolling his eyes.

“You should have seen how nervous he was Vi,” Paul said.

“Yeah, he was all, ‘I’m gonna throw up’” Jared said imitating Seth unsuccessfully.