Sorry love, but I don't really care

Почніть із самого початку

Harry grabbed her hand, wrenching his own duffle bag over his shoulder as he pulled her through the crowded Rome airport. Panic rose in Elena as they pushed through, throwing people to the sides. Harry's boots thundered on the stone floor and Elena's heels came lose and went skittering as she continued to run in bare feet. The airport was now on high alert and she could also hear sirens as they neared an exit. Through the doors they went flying, Harry guiding her down the sidewalk as they continued to run.

Pain shot up Elena's leg and she yelped and fell slightly as Harry continued to pull her down the sidewalk and through the car park. A black car skidded beside them, followed soon after by police cars. The door opened and Harry jumped inside, pulling Elena onto his lap as the door slammed shut and the car jolted into motion, tearing away from the busy car park and the loud sirens at a terrifying speed. Elena let out a cry as she moved her foot.

"Alright love?" an accented voice asked and Elena nodded, leaning her forehead on Harry's chest as hers heaved and she panted. Harry nudged her gently until her red face was a few inches in front of his as his green eyes calmly stared into her panicked ones.

His eyes slowly moved down until he was staring at their crouches, pressed together in their haste to pile into the car, Elena let out a shaky laugh when she realised she was straddling him.

"Sorry," she whispered as she slid onto the seat beside, swearing as she hit her foot and realised it bleeding quite a lot, the crimson liquid dripping onto the car's carpet in soft pats.

"Shit," she mumbled, inspecting the wound and pulling a piece of glass from it with a small cry. "I think I stood on a broken bottle."

"We'll tend to that when we get there," Harry said before turning to the window, frown reflecting on the glass. His was back to being stony and cold, his green eyes darted everywhere.

Where was there? Elena thought, her attention turning to the source of soft humming in the front of the car. A man drove the car, the same one who spoke to her earlier. His soft blond hair was styled upwards and his blue eyes quickly met hers in the rear view mirror with a kind smile before turning back to the road he sped along. He was attractive, dressed in black dress pants and a plain white button up with a fitted black blazer pulled over the top. His wore an earpiece in his right ear and a pair of black aviators perched on the top of his head.

Was he a spy?

"Elena, Niall. Niall, Elena," Harry mumbled as he waved his right hand between them, his other rubbing his face, a stressed expression upon it. "Niall's an old mate who works for an old mate."

Elena nodded.

"Nice to meet you love," Niall smiled in the mirror again as he drove down an alleyway. He had a thick Irish accent, "Harold texted me when you landed, I must say it a pleasure to be of service to such a lovely lady."

Elena smiled at him and Harry scoffed as Niall winked at her cheekily. He was sweet and playful, Elena already liked him.

"And Niall," Harry began, pulling his bottom lip between his fingers as he stars out the window, "you know my name's not Harold."

They drove in silence for a little longer until the car slowed and they came to stop in front of a large building, its run-down appearance made Elena wrinkle her nose slightly but she said nothing as Niall came by and opened her door, putting his arm around her so she didn't need to lean on her cut foot. She mumbled a small thank you as Harry lead the way to the entrance of the building before stopping at the door, his frown hurrying them up.

"Don't talk," he commanded her as he pushed the door open and a series of clicks sounded. Elena recognized the sound though she had never heard it before in real life.