Chapter 8

*** Marie's POV ***

He smirks his favorite smirk. I couldn't believe he was on time. I back away from the door, trying to get a good view of Mr. Pelvis. He looked mighty stylish. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Sheepishly, E walks inside to get closer to me. He started wrapping his arms around my waist when a toy car hit our feet.

His lips were right by my ear when I hear him chuckle quietly. He let's go of me and we turn to see Russell pushing his cars out of Judy's room. He looks up as a smile grew on his tiny face. He ran over to E and I with enthusiasm shinning all over his face. E held out his arms and grabs him off the floor and tossing him into the air.

"Whatcha doin' there sport!" E exclaimed tickling Russell. The little boy couldn't sustain his joy fullness so he laughed his most loudest cackle making me laugh. Judy joins us in the living room and smiles.

Russell's laugh soon deteriorates. He looks at E innocently while E smiles sweetly.

"Did Marie tell ya I want a play date at your house yet?" Russell asked innocently.

E looks at me with another grin and lets out a chuckle.

"Not yet but once I get back from singin' around the states I'll let you play with me and Marie at my house. I'll even get some toys for ya! How's that sound youngin'!"

Once Russell heard the word toys he was over joyed. I laugh joining in the conversation.

"Those toys he's getting you are only for Christmas and your birthday ya hear?"

E sneers as Russell's happy grin falls. Judy and I couldn't keep in our amusement. E tries pinching his nose in an attempt to make him smile. He cups his hand on his ear and pretends to whisper to Russell. His smile returns.

"I'll give ya more toys for your birthday and Christmas later."

I smile as Russell nods sneaking in a shush. E lets him down and grabs my hand. Judy holds Russell's hand just in case he doesn't do anymore mischief.

"Sorry 'bout that Elvis. You kids enjoy your little get together."

Judy kindly smiles at us as she stood at the door while E and I got in his pink caddy. We wave at her and Russell. Couldn't there be another random setback that'll keep us away for Graceland alittle longer? I started getting nervous when suddenly E curses quietly.

"Lucky caddy needs gas. Mind if I stop to get some girly?"

He looks at me with hopeful eyes as he parks in front of a gas station. Laughing, I push him out the car.

"Please go."

He turned to me with a serious, gangster face and a lifted brow.

"You look stunning by the way."

I smirk trying to fight the giggles as he kept at his gangster face.

"Gas, remember?"

I put my hand in his view of me as I turn away. E unexpectedly grabs it and kisses it, sweetly as can be. I turn to him smiling.

"I'll be back, honey."

Sheepishly I grin as he walked in the gas station store. He kept looking back at me as if I was going to dash out the car, I probably would if this wasn't real. I ended up laughing when he finally made it inside since I saw his face go from a loving smile to a serious, mature one in a matter of seconds. Then as I waited I observe my surroundings. E's pink caddy was gorgeous filled with leather and bright pink. We were only up the street from Judy's house but everything looked more, luxurious. I could see enormous mansions from afar. Even the rich places looked a thousand times prettier than the future.