Chapter 13: The Truth

Nana arrived at the hospital after her husband called.

"Hi. Honey. I made it. What's wrong?" Nana asked Iemistu. He sounded worried on the phone so she was scared something happened.

"Hi. I'm an nurse at the hospital. My name is Ninasa. I was wondering if you happened to maybe have a second son?" The nurse now named Ninasa asked hoping that was the case but Nana's expression answered it and she did not want to give the news to either family.

"No. I only had one. Tsuna-kun is my only child. Why?" Nana

"I looked at your charts earlier, do you remember anything of Tsunayoshi's actual birth day?" Ninasa

"No. They gave me pain killers and I'm not good with that, I don't remember anything about that day. I remember waking up and seeing my adorable Tsu-kun, but no one else" she said.

*sigh* " I need to tell you guys something. It will be a surprise but I hope you will listen and think about it" Ninasa said.

~~~the room~~~

Ayame, Yuki, and Tsuna had the same room. They were kinda packed today so they had to share a room but they didn't mind at all. They just talked casually. Ayame got to know Tsuna more... but he didn't really like it. The more he got to know Tsuna, the more he thought Yuki and Tsuna were alike. It was weird. He did not know how to explain it, except that he knew something wasn't right.

"Tsuna-kun, do you think I could join the Vongola family? I came here looking for you but I never knew he was so close." Yuki asked. Ayame and Akito glanced at him. Akito was there just watching them and listening to them talk. When he heard that, he was utterly surprised.

"W-why would you want to do that?" Akito and Ayame said simultaneously.

"Well, you two said that you still don't think I'm cut out for the mafia. I just wanted to be near you but I'm just being left out right now. This is the family business and I am part of the family but I can't join your family. I can still work with y'all as part of the Vongola..." Yuki was interrupted by the door opening. Reborn, Iemistu, Nana, and Ninasa came in.

"Hi. How is everyone doing?" Ninasa said. Nana and Iemistu had smiles on but Reborn just had a blank expression. He was there when the nurse explained the truth. Tsuna saw through his father's and mother's fake smiles.

"We are good" Yuki said with a genuine smile.

"Is something wrong..." Tsuna asked. Yuki, Ayame, and Akito looked at Tsuna when he said that. They looked right back at the others.

"Well, we have some... news. It deals with Yuki Soma and Tsunayoshi Sawada" Ninasa said as she got some very curious looks.

"Well, you see. We were taking care of Yuki and Ayame Soma to make sure nothing was in their systems and we noticed something odd. They were different. The DNA were way off. Twins DNA would be similar, not exactly the same even if they were identical. But Yuki and Ayame were not even close. Not even close enough to have any relationship. They.. are not... related" she said the best way she could.

Everyone's eyes went wide. They couldn't believe what they were just told.

"So Y-Yuki and I are NOT brothers?" Ayame said in disbelief.

"That is right. When we were also looking at Tsunayoshi's tests, we noticed that there was a match. Yuki Soma is biologically Tsunayoshi Sawada's identical twin. If we could get your father's approval, we can see for sure whether who is who's son. I have an idea of what could have happened but I'm waiting on my boss to get back to me" Ninasa said.