t h r e e

8:47
september 14th

julia's pov//

"where was the last place you saw it or had it?" i say frantically. "my uh.. my car?" he says.

we run to the car. my parents would kill me if they knew i failed a project. we made a bet- if i get A's this whole school year, then i can go to on this cruise with my friends, only if my older sister agrees to come with me.

"wait." i realize something. "you don't have a car. you aren't 16, so you can't drive without an adult." i say almost laughing. "dude are you drunk?" i held my laughter in. "no."

"well why did you bring me out her-" i was cut off by a pair of chapped lips on mine. before i knew it, i was kissing back. he pulled away and smiled. maybe i like him.

"where's the baby?" i say randomly. "follow me." he led me to a car, but not his.

"it's in jacob's car." he opened the door only to see 4 immature boys with their phones out, filming. "told you guys i could get her to kiss me." hunter says.

"what the hell hunter." i say and leave. "don't forget this!" a boy tosses the baby to me and laughs.

forget liking him. i call my older sister and she picks me up from this party.

the ride home was silent. when we got home i went up to my room just to have my be blown up by maddie.

from maddie:) //
where are you?
i'm in the kitchen
are you in the bathroom?
hello?
JULIA ARE YOU DEAD??

i text her back.

to maddie:) //
i'm not dead i just left early

from maddie:) //
why what's wrong?

to maddie:) //
kinda a long story

from maddie:) //
on my way!!11!

•••

"honey i'm home!" i go downstairs to see maddie with a smile on her face. i gesture her to follow me up the stairs and she does.

"so what's wrong?" she asks. "nothings wrong i just feel embarrassed. basically hunter took me outside to find out baby for our project since he lost it. he said it was in his car until i realized he doesn't have one. he kissed me out of no where and my dumb ass kissed back. i began to like him. he said it was in someone named jacob's car and he opened the door only for me to see 4 other boys with their phones out. i was part of a bet." i say quickly running out of breath.

"that jerk." was all she said. "but for real, you liked him?" she said holding her laughs in. "maybe.. kinda.. yes." i say half smiling.