o n e

julia^

11:03
september 14th

/julia's pov:

  i'm staring at the clock, waiting for 11:45. lunch. only 42 minutes left.

  i'm in health class. two annoying people behind me who happen to be a couple are passing notes. a girl to the left of me is on her phone- not paying attention to our teacher.

  my phone lightly vibrates from my pocket. i take it out and see a text from my best friend, maddie.

  from maddie:) //
'this class is boring. i'm about to get up and leave.'

  to maddie:) //
'we've been here for 3 minutes.'

  i turn around slightly and roll my eyes at maddie. she shrugs and smiles.

  our teacher, mr. burton, who seems to be almost blind and is about 67, is continuing his lesson, not caring if his students are paying attention or not.

  as i'm looking around- trying to pass time, i see hunter or whatever is name is, grinning at me. he's the kid everyone wants to be around. but to me, i find him to be obnoxious.

  "this week you guys as students will be doing a project i like to call the 'baby project.' i will assign your partners shortly." mr.burton announces as everyone groans.

  he reads off a paper.

  "gabe and maddie."

  "taylor and shawn."

  "bailey and nathan."

  "alex and peyton."

  "sydney and joey."

   he continues on as i wait for my name to be called.

  "we have a group of three. hailey, dylan, and julia."

  relief washes over me as i hear my name not be called with hunter as it always is.

  "did i miss anybody?"

  "me!"

  i turn to see hunter with his hand up.

  "whoops um anyone from that group of three want to volunteer as hunters partner?"

  my group ignores the question.

  "julia. how about you?"

  "um i-"

  "okay good. now hunter has a partner. go ahead and discuss your schedule
with your baby."

  i look back at maddie as she laughs at me. i flip her off as hunter turns to me.

  "hello partner."

  this is going to be a long week jesus

                              •••
    "so who has the baby first?" he asks. "i was thinking we could just go back and forth with the baby. you know, switch everyday?"

  "well.. what about you have him the whole week and i just help for little. i'll give you all the credit."

  "you're joking right?" i say, anger flowing over me.

  "only if you want me to be."