What Are They? Part 1

The two Time Lords stepped out of the TARDIS once again. The Doctor in his usual attire and Astrea wearing black skinny jeans, blue converses, a white tank top and a blue jacket open with a slim black tie hanging loosely around her neck. Sparky was disguised as a red phone box just outside the water tower in Cardiff. The Doctor stood in front of the water tower, Astrea beside him, sonicing the ground. The ground moved beneath them taking them down into the Torchwood hub. "Cool entrance." Astrea commented. The Doctor just smirked at her in reply.

Once they reached the ground Owen ran into the room. "What the hell are you doing here?" he asked.

"Jack. Text message. Problem to sort out. Just here to see what it is." The Doctor replied.

"Right, c'mon. I'll take ya to him." Owen said motioning them to follow.

As they were walking down the corridor the Doctor saw something at the corner of his eye. He turned his head and saw that at the end of another corridor was Owen. His eyes flickered to Owen ahead of him then down the corridor again to find the other Owen was gone. He dismissed it, thinking that it was his eyes playing tricks on him, and continued onwards.

They neared a shooting range when the heard the shots of a gun. Once they entered they saw Jack firing at a target. Owen walked over to Jack and drew his attention to Astrea and the Doctor. He walked over to them with a grin on his face. "Finally got the date right?"

"We're here now, aren't we." Astrea said.

"What's up?" The Doctor asked.

"Two of my crew has disappeared." Jack said, his grin dropping from his face. "Gwen and Ianto. Disappeared without a trace."

"Can you give us some info we can work off?" The Doctor asked.

"No. They just disappeared. They went home and never turned up the next day. And before you ask I have checked their homes and where they would possibly hang out."

"So, empty handed then." Astrea said, Jack nodding in reply.

"Don't worry, Jacky. We'll find them." Astrea said, walking out of the shooting range.

She heard footsteps behind her and after a few seconds the Doctor was walking in pace beside her. "So," Astrea started. "You know these lot better than I do. What have you got on Ianto and Gwen?"

"Ianto: He's Jacks partner, good fighter but quiet sometimes, stubborn at some points when he has to be, can make AMAZING coffee. You outta try it." The Doctor grinned.

"Maybe I will once we find the both of them. What about Gwen?"

"Gwen: she's very determined, lethal with a gun and has a very bad temper. Don't get on the wrong side of her."

"I'll keep that in mind." She nodded.

They continued through the corridor until they came to the hub entrance. They saw a man arguing with Owen near the stairwell that goes down to the med bay. "Where's Gwen at, Owen?!" The man asked.

"I told you, I don't know! We are currently working on it so get off my back, Rhys!" Owen yelled.

Jack appeared from nowhere and stepped between them. "Alright you two. As amusing it would be to see you two knock the heads off each other, you should break it up. There's a lady present." He said pointing to Astrea.

Astrea played dumb and looked around her. "Where?" She asked. "It's just you lads and me."

Jack shook his head trying to contain his smile. "You are unbelievable, Ast."

Astrea gave him a cheeky smile and winked at him before walking around the hub to find anything that may indicate what happened to Gwen and Ianto. She heard the Doctor let out a groan before he followed her lead at looking around.