The Bet.

There was once a time when we all did something we didn't attend on doing.No matter if it was stupid or extremely serious, at the end we either suffered from the consequences or got something valuable out of it.

As I walked in my math class, the dim light hitting my eye, I had two things on my mind. One thing was my GPA, and the other was a dark feeling, I would yet to understand. I was early to class as always, other kids would use the bell time to conversate, while I would use it to just get settled. I took out my materials, and observed my surroundings. The bell then rung, and bodies began to storm in.

I observed everyone, as if it were the first day of class. I have nothing against anybody, but everyone was annoying. Loud, common, and seeking for attention. Meanwhile, I was the complete opposite, quiet and hiding In the background.

"Sarah Macbeth" The Teacher called, taking the role.

"Here",I replied. He marked my name down, and continued to call the rest of the class. Everything was quiet for the most part, until the door opened.

Every eye watched him as he walked in ,tall, sort of buff, pale green eyes, and pitch black hair.

No other than Miguel Turner,a person everyone feared and couldn't understand. He looked around the class I'm guessing for a seat. There was only two desk remaining, one next to me, and one next to Brittany, the school's brat. I stroked my long blonde hair, calmly. Not interested in where he would sit, because that didn't matter, at least not to me.

Then the class gasped.

I looked up from my hair, and saw him,Miguel, right next to me. Everyone was shocked because nobody liked me, so why would such a bad-ass sit next to me? Who knew? As long as he didn't speak to me I wouldn't care. He kicked his feet up on the desk, layed back and lit a cigarette.

"Detention!" The teacher managed to yell, with slight fright in his voice. Miguel smirked, and smashed the cigarette in desk. Without saying another word the teacher wrote our assignment on the board. I took out my math book, and flipped to the assignment.

"Give me a pen" A deep voice whispered. I turned to my right, at Miguel, his green lifeless eyes gave me a dark feeling maybe this was the one I was feeling earlier.

"You don't use pen in math, here's a pencil" He looked at me before taking the pencil.

I continued my work, not expecting a 'thank you'.

"Good girl" He said.
"Excuse me?" I said looking confused. He chuckled.

"I can be just like you, good grades, positive attitude, nice, quiet" He said. I ignored him, I didn't know where he was going with this conversation ,but I didn't want to be involved.

He scared me.

"What's your name?" He asked. "Sarah" , I said. Continuing to do my work again.
"It would be fun to be you". He said, with a expression on his face I couldn't understand.

"I'm pretty sure it would be fun to be you." I was shocked at the words that came out of my mouth. He leaned in to my ear and whispered "Would you like to be me?" He asked, I can feel the smirk on his lips.

Suddenly courage developed in me and I leaned into his ear to challenge him "I think I could handle it."

"It's a bet" He pierced his dark scary green eyes into my lively light blue ones. I was terrified. Me taking on Miguel? In a bet? Me Sarah, being Miguel? NO WAY. This whole thing wouldn't end up good, at all.

"A bet?" I asked, shaking.
"Don't worry, let's just have a walk in each other's shoes for two weeks" he said dry ,but slightly amused.

This can't be real, what is his life actually like? What would I get myself in to?