Chapter Thirteen

AIDEN

I walked away because I couldn't face Trish anymore. I can't face her. I just wish she believed the lie I said to eradicate her suffering. So she won't fall in love with me the way I am with her because in the end, the truth will prevail. We can't be together. I am no good for her.

"Aiden? Are you okay?" Mother asked me as I press another glass of water on my mouth. My face was completely blank. I was staring at the food for minutes and didn't even touched it.

My parents came home before we all woke up. Dean, Jeremiah, Corry, Jessica and Kate went to Jake's house. While Sarah and Annabelle went to a shopping event downtown. They didn't stay for breakfast because we couldn't really fit at our dinning area.

"Aiden?" Father called me. I suddenly woke up to my senses and lifted my head.

"What?" They all eyed me with curiosity.

"Are you okay?" Mother asked.

"Yep. Totally fine" no I'm not fine. I'm completely not fine. Trish told me she loves me but I told her I don't love her. I couldn't bare the fact that she's sitting right next to me. It's hard to live with someone you- ugh never mind.

I pushed the chair and stood up. I mumbled, "I'll be in my room"

"But you haven't eaten anything" Mom said.

"Let him. Maybe he's not feeling well" Dad said.

"Thanks" I walked away. I went to my room and locked the door. I don't want to be disturbed. I want to be alone. I lay down on my unmade bed and bubbled a lot of thoughts about what happened last night. I suddenly remembered the memory box. When Trish and I were still kids, we used to take pictures, a lot of pictures. I kept it all inside the box she gave me years ago. I stood up and went to the closet. I first looked at the first drawer but i couldn't find it there. I looked at my clothes, shorts, under the shelves but it's still not there. Where did I hid it? I sat down still inside the closet. I almost gave up but when my hands suddenly hit the floor hard, it opened. I remember now! I hid it under the floor. I removed the wood and got the dusty box out. I blew the dust away while I sat down on my bed.

I opened it slowly. I saw the candy wrapper Trish gave me years ago. I was lonely then she surprised me with a candy that made me happy. I picked up our photo last Christmas eve 9 years ago. We wore matching clothes because she wanted too even though it was a big challenge for me because we wore an elf costume which made me look very ridiculous. A smile appeared on my face when I thought of all the memories we had.

I scattered all the pictures on the floor and looked at them one by one. I read again and again the letters she wrote to me when they moved to Atlanta. I wish, I wish they didn't move so everything will not be the way it is today.

Knock knock knock

Alarmed, I placed all the photos inside the box and hid it under my bed.

"Who's there?"

"Carmela. Mom's asking if you want to go with us to the park"

"Yeah sure"

I went down after taking a shower. I first saw Trish who was standing, staring blankly at the floor. It's for the best, Aiden. I kept telling myself.

"Aiden!" Cecily rushed towards me.

"Hey" I carried her as we went down to meet our parents outside. Trish was awkwardly following us.

"Are you okay now?" Mom asked as I get inside the car.

I nodded waiting for the girls to come in. Trish chose to ride with my parents. Good she's avoiding me now. Just as planned. Planned. It hurts though. A LOT.