Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Monday at school was very interesting for Christine. Before the bell even rang, Robert walked straight to her locker to greet her.

"Hey," Christine said, completely not expecting him.

"Hey, Chris! How are you?" He leaned up against the locker beside hers.

"I'm good. Ready for another hellish Monday?" She closed her locker door and started walking down the hall. Robert followed.

"No, but I guess I'd better be. So, I was wondering-"

"Robert! Hey!" Carlotta, the most popular girl in the twelfth grade, stepped in between Christine and him. "How are you?"

"Hey, Carlotta.. I'm fine.." He and Christine walked a little faster to get away from her, which made her furious.

Under her breath, she murmured, "Damn you, Christine Daae.."

"That girl scares me," Robert whispered when they were far enough away.

Christine laughed. "Yeah, me too. So, what were you saying?"

"Oh, yeah! Um, you want to do something tonight?" Then, he quickly added, "I mean, if you're not busy or anything."

They stopped walking. This could be it. This could be the thing to get my mind off of Erik. I should do this. Yeah. "I'm not busy." She smiled and blushed. "What did you have in mind?"

Robert inwardly celebrated having just gotten the girl he'd had his eyes on for the past four years. "I was thinking dinner and a movie?"

"That sounds perfect." Her blush deepened.

"I'll pick you up at your house, if that's ok?"

"Oh, yeah. Let me give you directions." The warning bell rang, and she sighed. "Well, I'll give them to you in math, ok?"

"Sounds good." He couldn't stop staring at her. "I'll see you then."

"Bye." They parted, and Christine headed to English.

When she entered the room, things really got interesting.. in a bad way. Carlotta was in this class. She and her cronies. The popular girl was instantly in front of Christine when she entered the room.

"Hey, bitch," Carlotta bluntly said.

Christine gulped but kept composure. "Move."

"Not until I've had my say." She crossed her arms against her chest. "Listen to me carefully. Hang out with Robert anymore, and you'll wish you hadn't."

"Are you threatening me?" Christine was angry now.

"What do you think, dumbass?"

Christine moaned, sick of her enemy. "Look, just get out of my way."

"You'd better listen to what I say. Got it?"

With a roll of her eyes, Christine walked past the horrible girl and sat at her desk waiting for the day to end. I don't give a damn what she says…

-------

 Erik sat in the den of his apartment drinking a glass of brandy. It was almost time for the voice lesson to begin. Nadir's words kept repeating themselves in his mind. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea continuing to see Christine..

Then, the doorbell rang. With weary feet, he headed for the door. He'd never felt so down about seeing her.

Erik opened the door, and it was as if time stopped. They both just stared at one another. Did I really just consider never seeing this beautiful woman again?