Chapter 27. History

CC's POV

We all sat in the living room talking when the cops left. It was the first time we heard everything in detail it wasn't the most horrific things to here but pretty damn close. Really the worst part was knowing it had happened to her. Knowing she would always have those things in the back of her mind. After awhile Kaylynn slowly drifted off to sleep in my arms

"Hows she been doing the last 2 days?" Gerard asked after he was sure Kaylynn had fell asleep. She seemed to sleep better during the day then at night.

"Every day is a little better. Shes really starting to become her old self. I think the realization that shes pregnant helps her. Its like her body is telling her shes here, shes alive." I said as I ran my hands through her hair.

"I'm glad she was found in time." Gerard said with a flash of pure guilt and sadness. I saw his eyes glass over.

"I thank god every day and I know she thanks you for keeping Elijah safe. Even if you couldn't of saved her." I saw a tear roll down his face.

"I'm going to go check on the kids." Gerard said standing up. Lindsey looking at him worriedly but she didn't follow.

"Is he okay?" I asked a little worried. Lindsey looked over with a sad face.

"He's been taking this very hard. Years ago he lost someone, someone he never even had the chance to save. A women to this day I never got to meet." Lindsey said as she teared up as she fought back tears.

"May I ask who it was?" Juliet asked softly.

"It was Rays niece. Gerard and Lizzy fell in love back before I had every met him. She was on her way to join everyone on tour when she was in a horrible car crash. Her car exploded, the detectives said she had died on impact." We all sat in shock. "He's never forgiven himself, he to this day thinks he was the cause for her being in a hurry." She looked in the direction of Gerard who was out back watching the kids.

"He's still in love with her isn't he?" Juliet asked.

"Yes, but I wouldn't want it any other way. She is one of the reasons we our together. After her death we bonded. Some how through it all he was still able to open up. We fell for each other, but I'd never want him to forget Lizzy." Now it all clicked why Gerard had taken Kaylynn's kidnapping so hard and I can't imagine how I would of went on losing Kay. She was my other half. My arms grew tighter around her. My mind drifted to all the events.

We were all thankful to know that Dean was arrested on so many charges he was sure to go away for life. The women I had went to see thinking it was Kay was actually a hooker he had tortured. His mind had flipped and he had used the women like she was Kay. But after awhile it not being her had made things worse and he killed her. Cherry on the other hand was on lesser charges since she never actually did anything she was arrested on charges of conspiracy to commit murder and as an accomplice.

Things could only get better from here. I had the most beautiful women inside and out I could ask for. A baby on the way. Amazing friends and family. There was only a few things missing and I wanted that to change sooner then later.

I felt Kaylynn stir in my arms and she moved laying on her back. Her small little​ baby bump peaking out when her shirt went up. I lay my hand there amazed that we were so lucky that the baby was still alive and so healthy. The doctors said the baby had to be strong to of survived some of the things Kay was put through.

I secretly hoped it was a girl. We had Our boy now we just needed a girl and our family would be perfect.

Gerard came back in with puffy eyes going over to Linsey. He wrapped his arm around her and I heard him whisper. "I love you, you saved me." She smiles kissing him.