Chapter Twenty Four

Harry Point Of View

I sat still, my emerald green eyes locked on the boy's table just anxious to see Sandy. I wanted to see if she covered up the obvious bruise that would've formed from my punch. I wanted to see if she was happy, or to see if that spark that used to be in her eyes when she saw me was still there. I quickly averted my eyes to the rearview mirror and let a soft sigh escape my slightly parted lips. My face was almost unscathed except bruising around my eye and a red hand mark on my cheek from where Kendall had slapped me only half an hour ago. I deserved it, Kendall and I were technically together and she was a nice girl, but she just wasn't... wasn't... Sandy. The rest of my body was aching like hell, something else I knew I deserved. I looked back up but my eyes widened when I spotted the boys standing, without Sandy beside them. Where was she? Niall said she was never late and she loves the boys. As much as she hates me right now I know that she wouldn't let that get in the way of meeting her friends, she's not that sort of person.

I scrambled to sit up straighter in my seat, my hand holding the wheel as I peeked my head out the window. "Where's Sandy?" Niall opened his mouth but Liam cut in quickly. "We don't know. Paul called us and said we have to-" I grabbed the gear stick, putting the car into reverse and speeding backwards. "HARRY!" I ignored my band mates, something I had been doing a lot lately, and put the gear into drive. I sped off down the road, cars honking loudly at me but I frankly didn't give a shit. I could pay for any speeding ticket I got. I don't know what it was about Liam's words, but when he said they didn't know where Sandy was, something clicked. I could feel the fear and panic pulsing through my veins, my eyes moved quickly, looking from side to side as I turned endless corners, heading towards the house I had been in just this morning. "Shit. Shit. Shit!" I cursed as a truck came around the corner I swerved quickly to dodge it, my heart beating faster before I slammed my foot down on the accelerator again. I knew I would get in deep shit for this, that my reckless car driving will be on the news all over the world, but right then I was more worried about my hair sticking to my sweaty forehead and getting in my eyes.

Finally I stopped the car in front of the house I had been dying to get to. The house that started this all. I jumped out of our slick, black car and slammed the door before shouting as loud as I possibly could. "SANDY! SANDY IF YOU CAN HEAR ME PLEASE COME TO YOUR WINDOW! YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING!" A few people walked out of their houses, looking at me in awe probably wondering what THE Harry Styles was doing shouting in their street. Knowing that they heard it made my hands shake when I saw no movement from the house. "SANDY?!" I moved one step forward, my knees shaking. I would have turned around and gone back to the guys if a man in the house next door didn't jog over. "Mister Styles? Um sorry, I couldn't help but over hear you shouting to the girl that lives here? Earlier I heard shouting, I mean I always hear shouting but this was bad shouting. There was some banging noise then the man came out and jumped in his car. The girl wasn't with him, she is probably still inside." I looked at the elderly man, nodding my head in thanks at the words that I wanted to hear. I wanted to know that she was here, that she hadn't gone anywhere else but the fact that she still hadn't answered me cause my nerves to sky rocket. Before I realised what I was doing, I found my long legs moving quickly across their grassed lawn, grabbing the door handle and twisting it. Like once before, the door opened without force and I entered, though this time I didn't stay silent. "SANDY?!" My voice was raspy, the tour had taken a toll on my usually smokey voice. "SANDY PLEASE! THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" Tears of worry rimmed my eyes as I looked in each door that I passed. The last room was the kitchen, if she wasn't in there I knew that all hell would break lose. I opened the door, looking around a few times and not seeing anything but empty bottles. That was, until I looked down. "Sandy!" I bolted over to where she lay, dropping on my knees beside her. "Sandy wake up." My voice broke, my bottom lip quivering slightly as I nudged her shoulder. I could see a big dent in the wall, and a small red patch in the centre of the dent. "Sandy please." I gently put my hands on her cheeks, then moved one hand down to her neck. That was when I felt myself break.

There was no pulse.

There was no pulse. There was no pulse. No pulse. No pulse. No... Pulse.

"SANDY!" I gripped her shoulders, not even thinking as I shook her body softly. "Sandy oh fucking god." I pulled my phone out, the tears streaming down my red, blotchy cheeks. I dialled the ambulance as I pulled her onto my lap.

"Hello? Emergency services."

"Sh-She's not breathing."

"Who? Sir who?"

"S-Sandy. She's not b-breathing."

"Where are you?"

"She has no pulse! She can't be gone!" I screamed into the phone. I was all over the place, hardly able to breath or see as my eyes were glazed over with unshed tears.

"Sir please. Calm down, take a deep breath. Where are you?"

I wanted to scream at the lady, curse her out for staying so calm when Sandy, MY Sandy was slipping away. I took in a deep breath and stuttered out the address, only to be told that an ambulance was already called and was almost there. At that I hung up and looked down at Sandy's pale, lifeless face. "Sandy. I'm so sorry. I'm so goddamn sorry that I fell for you, I'm sorry that I didn't fight for you. That I didn't force them to let you say or call the police as soon as I knew what he did. I'm sorry that I used Kendall to replace you, I'm sorry that I acted like an asshole. I'm sorry Sandy. I'm sorry I fell in love with you." I looked down at her, praying that she would open her eyes and smile like they always did in the movies, but that moment never came. Her eyes stayed closed, her lips stayed slightly parted.

She couldn't be gone.

I wouldn't let her go.

I had the money to pay for the best doctors that money could buy.

I would give everything I had just to see her open her goddamn beautiful eyes again.