4

Author: I just want to say thank you for all of the vote you guys left for me. I really appreciate it y'all, it means a lot. Enjoy this chapter because shit gets real...

.........

Mateo POV....finally
My head hurts so bad right now. I just woke up and I'm already not feeling so well. I walked into my bathroom and took a Tylenol. I ran the shower while I was there and went back into my room. I grabbed clothes and my shampoo so I could wash my hair. I went into the bathroom and took a shower and my head started feeling better. I got out and put on clothes. Then I grabbed my bag and phone and ran downstairs.
"Ayleo hurry up." I said to Ayleo when I saw him in the kitchen eating breakfast. "Aight bro, wait." He said. I kissed my mom on the cheek and said good morning. I went to the refrigerator and pulled out my orange juice. I sat up on the counter and started drinking it.
"Good morning. You're not hungry?" Mom asked walking over to the stove. I shook my head.
"Nah I'm good." I said taking another sip. "Hmm. So when do I get to see that India girl again?" She asked. I raised an eyebrow. "I don't know. Why?" I asked. She seems really concerned about her. She's asked me about her like three times already. "I just really like her." She admitted.
"She's better than them other hoes you bring around here." I exhaled and shook my head.
"O...kay?" I chuckled a little. "If you're talking about Jade, she was not a hoe she was just....under aged." I said thinking about it. "Yeah but I didn't like her anyway." She added. Ayleo got up from the table and washed his plate. "Aight let's go. Bye momma." He said kissing her forehead.
"Bye baby." She smiled. We walked out and got into the car pulling off to school.
I got out of the car and immediately, some girl walked up to me. "Hey Mateo." She smiled. I examined her body for a minute. She was skinny and short, had to be like 4 '11 or 4 '10. She had a light brown skin tone and her hair was long and curly. She was kinda cute. "Hi." I said not really interested. "I'm new to this school, but I've heard of you and I can't believe I'm finally meeting you! Could you um...show me around here?" She asked shyly. I grinned a little. "Absolutely." I said shutting the car door. She smiled brightly and handed me her schedule. "I need help finding the first class." She said. I took the paper and looked through it. She had the first class with me but that's pretty much the only class. "Are you a senior?" I asked her as we started to walk. She nodded. "So what's your name? Are you from here?" I asked her. "It's Arianna, and yes I am from here."
"Well I'm glad I get to meet you Arianna." I said trying to make her feel comfortable. "Same for you." She said back. I helped her to the first class and we walked inside.

.......

India POV
I'm in third period right now and I'm super bored. Ms. Ellen is talking up a storm about nothing. I just stared out the window not wanting to be bothered.
"Everyone we are now on lock down! Lock down now, this is not a drill!" The lady said over the intercom. Mateo and I looked at each other and the teacher finally shut up and got quiet. Everyone panicked and went to the back of the room. "Settle down! Be really quiet you guys." The teacher semi-yelled. She turned the light out and locked the door. She flipped the cover down over the window and walked to the back of the room with us. We were all crowded up in a little spot and being extremely quiet. I just put my head down. About a minute later we hear a thump followed by a loud crash. Everyone gasped. "Shhh." The teacher said silently. I heard a loud male voice scream through the building. "Where is she! I'm looking for her, where is INDIA?!" He shouted. Even though it was dark, I could tell that everyone immediately turned and looked at me in terror. Even the teacher. My heart dropped and I got extremely scared. I covered my mouth with my hand. Mateo grabbed my other hand. I heard another loud thump. Then I heard two live gunshots being fired. A female voice screamed. "I will shoot up every class until I find her!" The male said. I made a slight bawling noise out loud before I started to cry. "Shhh." The teacher quieted. Mateo squeezed my hand tightly. "Shh. It's okay India." He whispered. What is going on? Who is looking for me? What will happen? I have tons of questions about what is happening right now. This is real. Someone is looking for me and I don't know who. What did I do? Is there something wrong? I can't take this. A few more tears rolled down my cheek and I wiped them away. I sniffled and tried calming myself, but it only got worse when we heard a bang on our door. There was no movement from anyone and the room was dead silent. Some girl started crying. "Who in here? I know somebody in here!" The man shouted from outside the door. The gunshots ranged on the door and somebody had to scream. The teacher slowly stood up and I watched as she whispered something to herself nervously before walking a little closer to the door on alert. The man was really trying to get in here. God where's the police? Just as I thought that I heard another voice yell and and thump. "Drop the weapon!" The officer said. I started thinking everything was okay until I heard another gunshot. I just sat there, frozen. Did he just shoot the police officer? I heard footsteps heading our way and then more gunshots. Pretty soon we heard multiple voices in the hallway. It was like thirty or forty minutes of all that before everything cleared. "Okay everyone. It's okay we are now off lock down and your parents have been emailed. Everyone head into the cafeteria now and your parents will be picking you up." The lady said over the intercom again. This time her voice was very shaky. Everyone stood up and about five girls started crying. I walked over to my desk and quickly grabbed my backpack. Several people called my name but I ignored them and continued walking fast-paced until I reached the door. I saw a couple of police officers and detectives standing around talking. There were small blood stains and I just shook my head. I made it to the cafeteria and immediately started looking for Kayla and Michael. I saw Kayla crying and on the phone with someone and Michael sat next to her rubbing her back. Everyone was in a panic and lots of people were crying. I ran over to them and Michaels eyes lit up.
"Oh, India girl you're alive!" He said hugging me tightly. Kayla hung up with whoever she was talking to and hugged me too. We were all in a group hug. We released each other.
"India they said your name and that really scared me." Kayla said wiping her tears. "You heard that too?" I asked. She nodded. "Mmhm." Michael said. "Yeah guys I don't know what's going on it scared me too." I said picking up my phone and dialing my mom's number. Mateo, Zavi, and Benny all came over to me just as mom answered. "Hey baby I'm on my way right now you don't even have to say nothing, I'm pulling up. Are you okay?" She asked in a panicked tone.
"Yes mom I'm fine. I'm just really scared and I want to come home." I said sitting down on the bench. "I know baby I'm here. Where are you?" She asked and it sounded like she was running to the building or something. "In the cafeteria." I said plugging my ear from the loudness in the cafeteria so I could hear her. "Okay I'm in the office checking the list I'll be right there." She said.
"Okay." I said. I hung up and looked up and seen Zavi. He held his hand out. I took it and he pulled me up and hugged me. Everyone made sure I was okay and I was talking to Mateo when I heard my name get called. "India."
I looked over and it was my mom holding her arms out. I ran up to her and hugged her. She had tears in her eyes and I wiped them away. "It's okay. Let's go, alright?" She asked. I nodded. I waved bye to everyone before walking out with my mom. We got in the car and I started explaining everything to her. "They said my name mom. They were asking for me for some reason and I just got here to Michigan and I don't know very many people down here besides the people I have met." I said. My heart was still beating fast. "I'm so scared and lost now." I said.
"I know baby. That's why I'm thinking about placing you in homeschooling. That way, you're safe at home. I thought for a minute before slowly agreeing. "Yeah I guess that will work for me. But that means if I want to go visit a friend or something, you have to let me go without having to meet them first." I said looking at her. She turned her head to me and looked a little skeptical at first. But then she just sighed. "Fine. As long as you're still getting your education, I'm fine with it." She said. I smiled and kissed her cheek. "Thanks." I said and we pulled up into the drive way.

.......

The next day
I was watching movies and eating chips on the couch when my phone dinged. I looked down and saw a message from Zavi.
Zavi: wassup India
I picked up my phone and replied back.
Indie: nothing much just watching movies
Zavi: you doing ok?
Indie: yeah
Zavi: I'm coming over, give me your address
Indie: wait what? My mom is here you know
Zavi: so..address please. I need to ask you something
Indie: just ask me
Zavi: No I need to ask you in person
Indie: fine
I gave him my address and he said, okay. I continued with the movie and I heard the doorbell ring. I got up and answered it. It was Zavi. "Hi." I said with a smile. I looked down and saw a teddy bear and flowers in his hands. "Hey there." He said. I let him in and and closed the door behind. "These are for you." He said handing me the flowers and teddy bear. "Aw, thank you Zavi." I said taking them. I smelled the flowers and went to put them in a vase once I did I sat them on the kitchen counter and put the teddy bear on the couch. "You did have to do that." I said. He shook his head.
"I wanted to since you were going through some things with what happened yesterday."
"Oh, well thanks anyway. What is it that you wanted to ask?"
"Oh, So I hope you know that I really like you." He started. I nodded. "Yeah and I do too." He stood up and walked a little closer to me. "And I was wondering if I could call you my girl?" He said. I raised my eyebrow in shock. Did he really just ask me out? I mean, I really like him and all but that was, kind of fast. I was at a lost for words but I finally spoke up.
"Um..."

Author: gotta stop it right there lol. I hope y'all liked that one because I got a whole lot where that came from. Who y'all think was looking for India? Hm. You'll find out. Byeee