Chapter 21 - Slughorn's Christmas Party

Isabelle's POV
Gracey and I walked out of class and saw Harry and Ron, walking with each other.

"Hey guys." I greeted them.
"Hey, Belle."
"How's Hermione doing?" Gracey whispered to Harry.

"She's fine, but a little bit hurt." he whispered back.

Poor Hermione.

Then Ron started to mention about Lavender.

"Look, I can't help it if she's got her knickers in a twist. What Lav and I have, well, let's just say, there's no stopping it. It's chemical. Will it last? Who knows? Point is, I'm a free agent." Said Ron.

Gracey looked at him, like if he was crazy about a free agent.

"Really, Ron, you gave your girlfriend a nickname. That's interesting." I said.

"I have to agree with Belle on this one. I mean, Ron, you call Lavender 'Lav' which is easy to remember. And how about yours? I wonder what's your nickname for Lavender." said Gracey.

Ron was about to say something back....until...

"Won-Won."
It was Lavender. She waved at Ron, but Ron waved, weakly.

Gracey snickered. "Won-Won?"
"Lovely." I mumbled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Library
Harry and I found Hermione in the library. I can tell she's still mad about Ron. Gracey went to get something in the dorms.

We talked about Ron but Hermione said, "He's at a perfect liberty to kiss whoever he likes. I really couldn't care less." Hermione has books in her hands and she was putting them away.

"Was I under the impression and he would be attending Slughorn's Christmas Party together? Yes. Now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements." Hermione added.

"Have you?" Asked Harry.
"Yes, why?" She asked.
"Since we can't ask the ones we like, how we go together as friends." Harry suggested.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Said Hermione.

"Who you're going with?" I asked.
"Um, it's a surprise." Said Hermione.

"A surprise? Hermione, I don't like that look on your face." I said.
"Don't worry about it." She said.

"Besides, Belle, it's Harry we've got to worry about." Said Hermione.

"What do you mean?" Asked Harry.
"See that girl over there?" Hermione asked as she came to Harry's side.

Harry slightly nodded.

"That's Romilda Vane. Apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion." Said Hermione.

Love potion? I thought.

At the corner of my eye, I can tell that ashes trying to flirt with Harry. Gracey wouldn't like that.

"Really?" He said.
Hermione snapped her fingers in front of Harry.

"Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One." Said Hermione.

"But I am the chosen one." Said
Harry.

I suddenly smack behind Harry's head as Hermione smack him in the forehead.

"Okay, sorry. Um, kidding."

I rolled my eyes.

"I guess I'll ask someone else."

Then Harry turned to me.
"Have you got a date yet, Belle?" he asked.

"No, I haven't." I replied. "But, I already have someone in my mind."