Chapter Sixteen

I walked into the house and breathed in the smell of just home. Walking through, I headed to the kitchen and saw my mother. Tears came to my eyes as she looked up at me and dropped the cookie sheet she was holding. She ran to me and I never knew I missed my mother's hug so much. She smelled of lavender and freshly baked cookies and I knew I could never forget that smell.

"My sweet, sweet Alice." She wept and pulled as close as she could.

"Mom? Is everything alright?" Owen said as he ran into the room, Lilia right behind him. My mom lets me go and I go and hug Lilia and Owen. Looking up at the stairwell I see Xavier coming down stairs with Fallon on his hand. When those blue eyes saw me I don't think I'd ever seen that little girl move so fast. She jumped off the last step into my arms and I hugged that little girl like I'd never see her again, because after today I didn't know if I would. Placing her down I looked over at my family.

"I need to speak to Dad." I said and my mother nodded.

"He is in a meeting, in his office. Technically Owen is supposed to be in there too," she said giving him a sideways glance.

Owen throws his hands up, "Dad sent me down with all the commotion. Alice, I'll take you up with me." I nod and follow Owen upstairs to Dad's office. When the door is opened, I am caught off guard by what I see. In my Dad's office sat all five reigning members of the Werewolf councils, and the two closest Alpha's to this pack, whose packs also attend the same school as ours. This excluded Xavier's dad, who was staying with his pack for defense against Alpha Joel.

"Alice," my dad said with surprise and question in his voice.

"Father," I say with a nod, "council members, and Alphas. I hope I am not intruding."

"Not at all, my dear daughter, it's just funny that you're at a meeting for your own rescue."

I chuckle and shake my head, "My rescue is not the goal, I am sorry to say. The goal is the dethrone Drake father. He cannot be the Alpha of that pack."

A council member looked at me in shock, "Child, an Alpha cannot simply be dethroned. Alpha's are put in their place because of their bloodline."

"Council member Hayes I believe, if I could explain." I begin. "There is a resistance within Drake's pack. They are the key to this battle. The true Luna is still alive and is the one leading the resistance. She has infiltrated into Drake's upper level commander's and has more control than they would realize. Drake's true mate is also alive, I believe that she will be the unraveling of him. I also feel like that there is something missing, there must be another reason why Drake went to these extreme conditions. Yes, he has told me stories and I'll admit he's a little crazy in the head, but there's something missing and I just know it."

"Okay Alice," another council member speaks, "that still doesn't explain how you plan to dethrone a rightful Alpha."

"Council member Bluford, that's why it's possible. He's not the rightful Alpha." I say and confusion is still all over their faces. "Think about it, Drake is not a child of a true mating. Any child of a true mating would trump the need for a male Alpha. The Alpha title would simply be taken over by that child's mate, if they are a girl. Correct?"

"Yes, but Alpha of the NorthWest pack didn't have any children with his true mate, at least not one's that were reported to the werewolf council."

"Exactly, because it wasn't reported to the werewolf council. Lilia is the daughter of the Alpha and his true mate. And with Owen as her mate it means that he has Alpha blood running through his veins. Owen is the rightful Alpha of that pack, with Lilia by his side of course. Their children will have the Alpha blood of that pack running through their veins. There is nothing that the council can disprove of because it follows all our laws."

Everyone sits there, staring at me.

"Alice," Owen begins, "You can't expect me to fight an Alpha. I am a Beta, there is no way that I could win."

"No, don't give me that crap Owen. You were born an Alpha, you are an Alpha. The same blood running through Oliver's veins is running through yours and, if you were a spiteful child, you know that you could have tried take over this pack if you tried. But that is not the plan the Moon Goddess gave you. Your plan is to be an Alpha, and not stick with being a Beta. The only way for this war to end without total death is to dethrone him and take over his pack." I look back, consulting the rest of the room, "I do not want this to end in the death of anyone, including Drake. The way to take over as Alpha, is to submission. And that's all that is needed. But I do not want his mate to have to lose her other half."

"Alice, you're asking us to save a murder." An Alpha spoke up, I believe Alpha of the northern part of the Midwest.

"No, I'm asking you all not to become murders in pursuit of killing one." I say, "I have been with that pack for many days now. I have seen their inner workings and know how to destroy them. I know what needs to be done."

"Then do tell us, dear Alice, what needs to be done." Said the council member that sat in the middle seat by my father's desk. Looking at him, I could tell he was the head of the council. We all studied the council, as part of our schooling in the pack, but this man was one that just held the air of power.

"Council member Phillips," I say with a slight bow of my head. There was always a question of who held the higher title, the council members or the Alpha's themselves. A question that still goes unanswered. "The attack needs to happen in five days. It will begin as an uprising within Drake's pack, causing him to fluster. With the surprise, hopefully Alpha Joel's pack won't be prepared but if they are, then Alpha Jacobs pack will be prepared to hold them off. After the uprising begins within the pack, the Pacific Pack will be located along the perimeter of their main town. This is primarily where everyone lives because Drake likes to have his hands over everything. Oliver will stay here, protecting. Owen and Dad will lead the warriors, male and female. Owen, your goal is to get to Drake. Get him to submit. My goal with this is to use his mate to try and help, even though you won't need much help. You are one of our best fighters. This will work. I will be on the inner workings of their plan. But, there could be complications, I expect there to be some. It's not every day that the entire council is at a pack, and most of the west coast Alpha's are in one spot."

"Alice," my dad spoke up, "do you know what Drake's end goal is?"

I sigh deeply, "His end goal is Alpha King, he wants to become an Alpha King."

"Blood. Blood is what we are run on. There have been many signs that the Alpha King is coming, but an Alpha King is not created," Council member Phillips beings, "He is born. The coming of the Alpha King will be one of great importance. Because with the birth of the Alpha King, there is the birth of the Great Aggressor. And there is also the matter of the mate of the Alpha King. For she is a force to be reckoned. We know all the legends, but we have always believed of them as legends until this generation of werewolves were born. There were so many signs. And I fear that Drake has seen them too."

"What of these signs Alistair," my father growled.

"The signs have been in the elements Richard. The earth is crying, the temperature is rising, the oceans are relentless, and the air is getting thinner. The council has been reading these signs for years. The Alpha King is coming. The fall or championship of werewolves is happening." Alastair looks to me, "And it all revolves around your daughter."

Please vote & comment tons! Really really helps with my writing because it helps me realize that people actually like the stuff I'm writing. There is a lot that I want to put down here that I think y'all will love! -Amber