Chapter Thirteen

Waking up that next morning was a struggle. After spending hours with the resistance and coming back to my room late I was exhausted to wake up at seven that morning. Pounding on the door was what woke me and I knew it was Peter asserting his dominance over me as he has done all these years. Climbing out of bed with a large yawn and rubbing my eyes I end up throwing on some jeans, a dark grey sweater, and some tall black boots. Walking out the door I pulled my dirty hair into a high ponytail. Continuing down the hallway I walk into Drake's office and begin to let my eyes dart around the office, trying to get any hint I can about his plans. My eye's land on a stack of books beside his table and to the land of the United States laid out with little statues placed. Making eye contact with Drake at his desk he smirks at me and looks back down at his stack of papers. Walking over to the table laid out with the map I begin to take in every part of this strategy he's beginning. My eyes glance over where he plans to set his pack to come at Ollie's from both sides, how he plans to use Joel's to come from the South. He does this to take over Xavier's pack to then come and attack Oliver's from the South also, as Xavier's pack house is directly south west from mine. This plan, if a surprise, would seriously work to be the destruction of two of the largest packs on the West Coast. And then, if I had learned anything about Drake, after conquering these packs he would try and take over Alpha Joel's pack as well. This would allow Drake to take control of the entire West Coast and some of the Midwest as many of these packs stretched into that part of the US. Drake's plan was to reach his rule to the entire US as an Alpha King would. But an Alpha King hasn't ruled since the beginning of werewolves. The last Alpha King was the first werewolf himself. He was the son born from the wolf first turned human. The Alpha King ruled over the packs until he was on his last days. He had given life to twelve sons in which he gifted each a piece of land to. Each Alpha is a decedent from the King. That's why Alpha on Alpha mating is rare but has slowly begun to occur more and more over the years. I finally made my way over to Drake and started to finger the books that sat on the table beside his desk. They were all books about the myths behind the past of werewolves. Moments later Drake slipped his arm around my body and pulled me towards him. With a gasp, I give a look of disgust until I pulled into his lap and I have to go back to what my mission is.

"Yes sweetie," I question caressing his cheek which was covered in stubble.

"Why are you in such a curious mood today?" Drake asked me, not even bothered to look in my eyes.

"I just thought I should be more involved with the plans of the pack before I left for school. Since you expect me to take over as Luna I thought it would best to try and be more involved."

"Well that's very thoughtful of you but I don't think that this is the best time for that."

"And why is that?"

"Because you are going to be the only one that could ruin these plans of mine." He chuckled and pushed me off him. When my bottom made contact with the floor under his desk I left out a huff from the pain. Climbing up I leave the room and get on the bus to get to school. The bus ride was done in silence as most of the people Drake allowed to go to school were quite frightened of me. The werewolf council did declare that everyone within the age range of schooling was required to go but Drake wasn't known to follow the rules. As the train stopped at its station at the school Peter approached the door and watched as everyone filed off. As I walked off the bus Peter grabbed my arm and held me there for a moment. He took that moment to let go of my arm and trail it down my body. I left out a squeal when he reached the curve of my butt and I jumped off the bus in that moment. I began to run towards the main building and as I threw the door open I ran square into Oliver. Looking at him he saw the fear in my face and pulled me into a tight hug. We both walked off towards Claire's classroom and when we got in there she made eye contact with me and led us to her office. When the door opened Owen saw me and walked over to us, leading me to her desk chair. I sit down and crawl into a tiny ball. Slowly people start to file in. Beginning with Lizzy and George, who immediately comes over to me and pulls me up. Keaton then files in behind them with Xavier in tow. His face falls when he sees me but he knows to just leave me with George.

"What happened AlleyCat?" George asked me.

"Peter just decided to get a little handsy, but I might be able to use that to my advantage soon enough," I sigh and climb out of George's arms. I walk over to Xavier and he calms down and wraps his arm around me. Leaning into his strong build I begin to speak. "Drake is planning his attack and he is using Joel's pack to attack from the South. I don't know when he plans to attack just yet but I'll try to find out soon." Looking at Xavier I speak to him, "You need to warn your father now and they need to begin to prepare," I then look at Ollie and Owen, "One of you needs to stay at home at all times, I'm guessing that he'll start the attack during the day since both of you would be here and Dad isn't the same as he was. With Keaton and his Alpha there we will have that kind of back up. I feel that it would also be best to start training with them so that we'll have the one up in attacking style. It would be a great surprised because they're just studying our fighting style. We need to take everything we can to surprise them."

"That makes sense Alice, but what about you? We can get you out of there if you need us to." George says looking at me with pleading eyes. Looking down at the ground I shake my head.

"What I want doesn't matter, what matters is saving my people." I smile and look at all of them. "Now let's get to it before anyone notices we're all gone." We all slowly begin to exit her office and separate to head to our respective classrooms. I was one of the last ones to leave out of fear of finding Peter roaming the hallways. After exiting the room and walking down the hall I am pulled into a corner and with wide eyes I am pressed up against a wall. Looking up I make contact with evil eyes and a smirk to match. Peter narrowed his eyes.

"You act like I don't know you're meeting up with them Alice."

"Peter I don't know what you're talking about."

He took his hand and caressed my face which I flinched away from, "We'll talk tonight, and I'll give you just what you need," he says, placing his lips on my neck and then walking away. I slide down the back wall and curl up. Feeling violated I stand back up and walk down the hallway to my class whipping a tear from my eye. I walk into my class and sit down in the back. The teacher, can't even remember her name at this moment, just gave me a sideways glance and continued on with her lesson. Sliding down I closed my eyes and dozed off.

It's been a long while

-Amber