chapter 13 - Heart Shaped Box

Start from the beginning

Aurora transformed, biting Madison on the neck, feeding deeply until she died, letting her fall, blood staining her lips, looking at the white oak, smiling happily.

Klaus: (voice over from 3.12 Dead Angels) "With the weapon in Aurora's hands..."

From 3.12 "Dead Angels", in the compound, Klaus, Kassandra and Elijah were talking

"I do wonder which one of us she'll try to kill first," Kassandra told them. "I suppose we all share the sin of Tristan's unceremonious burial at sea."

From 3.12 "Dead Angels", in the carpenter's shop, the carpenter was using several large machines to turn the small wooden knight into nearly a dozen wooden bullets, which had been given metallic caps and were arranged on a small platform. "What animal do you aim to hunt with bullets made of wood?"

Aurora smirked, continuing to examine her new, Original-killing bullets. "A monster. An entire family of them."

---~---

Day One

Morning - Abattoir Compound - Courtyard 

Klaus was on the balcony overlooking the courtyard, holding a man in a police uniform in a choke hold off of the balcony with one hand while he drank coffee with the other. "The taxpayers of New Orleans deserve a skilled Chief of Police." The police chief squirmed, gasping for breath, terrified. "How inept are you if not a single one of your men can locate the woman I seek?"

The police chief dangled over the courtyard floor, pleading. "We're trying. She's a ghost."

Klaus sighed. "Aurora de Martel is rather petite and may indeed may be able to slip through the cracks like a wicked little cricket, but she is not a ghost." He smirked devilishly. "Not yet." He leaned forward so he could look the police chief's gaze. "I think this city's finest could try a little bit harder, hmm?"

Freya, Elijah and Kassandra walked toward them.

Freya and Elijah looked at Klaus in exasperation.

Kassandra was entertained. "I see we're in for another normal Mikaelson breakfast."

Elijah rolled his eyes, giving Klaus an incredulous look. "Niklaus, for heaven's sakes. Release the poor creature." The police chief whimpered, shaking his head frantically. Klaus simply shrugged, dropping him, allowing him to fall onto the floor of the courtyard. Freya and Elijah gave Klaus hilariously exasperated looks. Klaus smirked smugly. Kassandra tried to resist the urge to smile. "That's not what I meant."

The way Elijah had just said the last statement made Kassandra smile completely.

Klaus smirked. "He'll live. And he'll remember to do better."

---

Upstairs Living Room 

Klaus, Elijah, Kassandra and Freya walked in.

"Is all this torture necessary?" Freya asked.

Klaus ignored her, calling out into the hallway. "Where have you been?"

Marcel, Noah, Caitlin and Auria walked in, looking annoyed with Klaus' tactless behavior.

Noah smirked, responding with a sarcastic comment. "Auria was doing a locator spell, and we were making sure that the Strix and their witches are out trying to find your loony ex-girlfriend. Is that okay with you?"