Chapter 15: Honor Above All

Start from the beginning

"What is it?" asked Musa.

"The answers to tomorrow's pop quiz," says Hajari.

"What?" Everyone says, except Hajarianna.

Hajarianna smiles. Kiko gets ready to bite the pumpkin.

"Kiko, you better stay out of the way," says Kajari.

The Squadd decide to sit around in the living room and have the envelope on the coffee table.

"We have to figure out what we're going to do," says Hajari.

"Well why don't we just look at the envelope and then give it back?" Hajarianna says as she shrugs her shoulder.

"No, that's cheating," says Kajari.

"Hajari, you should've gave it back to Wiz-Kiz. The temptation to open it is almost too harsh," says Musa.

"I did so poorly on Palladium's exam, I really can't afford to fail this one," says Hajarianna.

"If you cheated to get a high mark, you wouldn't feel good about it," says Michael.

"I wouldn't know until I try," says Hajarianna.

"This is why they say hit the books," says Michael .

"Before I hit the books, I think I'll hit the hay," says Musa.

"Well, Hajari beat you to it. He's already sawing logs," says Kajari. 

Griselda wakes Hajari.

"Huh?" asks Hajari

"The principal wants to see," says Griselda.

As Griselda and Hajari walk out. 

"Faragonda probably found out about the envelope," said Hajarianna.

The Squadd gasp.

In Faragonda's office, Faragonda looks out the gigantic window behind her desk as Hajari walks in.

"You wanted to see me?" asked Hajari.

"Yes, have a seat," says Faragonda.

Hajari sits down Faragonda.

"I need to talk to you, this is serious," said Faragonda.

"I swear I don't know anything about the envelope!" Hajari says and then he covers his mouth.

"What envelope?" asks Faragonda.

"Envelope? Did I say envelope?" Hajari asks as he scratches his head.

"Hajari, are you feeling alright?"

"Sorry, I'm just tired."

"Well before you go, I want to tell you something: that voice you here night after night is Nicholas the Nymph. He was the keeper of the Dragon Flame. Come, I'll take you to him. " Faragonda takes Hajari into an illusion underwater. "This is where Nicholas lives, in the depths of Lake Rochaluce." Faragonda takes Hajari out of the illusion. "Hajari, I'm sorry. I can't show you no more."

"Please you have to show me more."

"You'll have to figure it out on your own." Hajari walks out of the office and back to his room.

Back in the Squadd's apartment, everyone is standing at the door nervous.

"Well did they find out?" asks Musa.

"Did you get expelled?" asks Hajarianna.

"Did they say anything about us being in on it?" asks Kajari.

"Did they cancel tomorrow's pop quiz?" asks Michael.

"Relax they don't know anything. Faragonda had more to say about my behavior in class today," says Hajari as he laughs.

"Oh c'mon, you fell asleep. No biggie," says Musa.

"No kidding," says Hajari.

"Guys focus. We need to find a hiding place for the envelope," says Kajari.

"Yes. I know the perfect hiding place," says Hajari.

The kids decide to travel to the kitchen. Hajarianna sees a sign that says 'Stop! Do not enter.'

"Stop! There's a danger sign on that door," says Hajarianna.

"That sign just says kitchen," says Musa as everyone walks in.

The Squadd look around in the cabinets to find a hiding place for the envelope.

"You know I always thought that fairies were neat and humble creatures, but judging by this yummy-looking food..." Hajari said.

"Hajari, focus! We need to find a place where no one will look for the envelope," says Kajari.

"Why don't we put them with the turnips. Yuck!" says Hajarianna.

"I find turnips very good," says Michael.

"But no one eats them for breakfast," says Hajari.

"Well unless Mr. Tuber here wants a bowl of turnips for breakfast," says Hajarianna as she refers to Michael.

Michael turns his back, crosses his arms. "Hmph!"

That night, everyone, except Hajari, sneaks back into the school kitchen to find the envelope.

"Alright, if that's how it's gonna be," says Hajarianna.

The Squadd sneak into kitchen. Hajarianna steps on Kajari's toe and he falls into a pile of pots. Someone comes and turns on the lights. Everyone takes a deep breath out because it is only good ol'Hajari.

Hajari busts out laughing. "You should've seen the on your faces!"

In Michael and Hajari's room, Michael places the envelope on his desk. "We'll leave it right here until we give it back to Wiz-Kiz tomorrow."

The next morning, standing by the classroom...

"Remember if one of us gets a higher mark than the rest of us, we'll have no reason not to doubt that you cheated," says Musa.

"I always hated those pop quizzes, I only got some time to study last night," says Kajari.

"You three complain the loudest and who gets the best grades? Michael, Kajari, and Musa," says Hajari.

"Let's hurry, they're going to start without us," says Kajari.

In the classroom, the students are all dirty.

"What happened here?" asks Michael.

"I don't know, but it promises me that it'll be a fun class," says Hajarianna.

"Uh, Professor, you might have dropped this," Michael says as he hands Wiz-Kiz the envelope.

The class starts yelling because Wiz-Kiz opens the envelope, but there's nothing there.

"Huh?" says the Squadd.

"That was the quiz! If you peaked and the envelope exploded, you failed. If you passed if you gave it back. Hajari, Hajarianna, Kajari, Michael, and Musa you have earned the highest grade 'A'," says Wiz-Kiz.

Ms. Griselda comes in. "Tomorrow we'll be discussing the agenda for Parent-Teacher  Conferences."

"Oh no! My parents can't come they aren't magical," Hajari says as he starts to cry.

In the next chapter...

The Trix are back and they decide to haunt the Squadd with their worst nightmares.