1

chapter one

" Gumball! Darwin! Anais! come down here!"

stomping of feet came down the steps, the mother stood at the bottom of the steps with a small smile showing her sharp K-9 teeth, "what did we do-"

"I want you guys to clean the house today because we are having two people staying here for a while and I want a good first impression on them—"  the mother started, her tail fluffing up a bit.

"that's gonna be kinda hard...." started off a little dark skinned boy, his orange-red colored eyes sinking to the side of his eyes a little bit, with an unsure smile. "Darwin..." the blue haired boy nudged the boy with the orange fish sweatshirt.

"what do you- you know what never mind, just please go clean the house ... Anais  keep the boys in check." the mother then walked away, with that the kids ran upstairs and to their rooms to begin cleaning.

the two boys entered their room and looked at its state, clothes tossed everywhere, soccer ball knocked over towards the wall, beds not made, food and drinks placed around.

"this is gonna take a while.." sighed Darwin, "the people staying probably won't even be staying in the room so why should we clean?!" yelled the blue haired boy, his ears twitching with annoyance.

"come on gumball, it isn't that bad." spoke the other boy, his hood from his sweatshirt falling off in the process while picking up an old pair of boxers.

"it's just unfair, dad doesn't have to do anything!"

"mr.dad just has a tough time putting on his pants, never mind cleaning up." Darwin pointed out, with a huff of defeat Gumball picked up some food scraps and threw it in the trash bin.

~ Two hours later ~

after two hours the whole upstairs was clean so the kids made their way downstairs, "mom we finished cleaning the- what happened down here?" the neko boy looked around his living room which was rearranged, the railings of the stairs so shiny they could see their own reflections.

"mom?" the three walked to the kitchen to hear bickering from the two parents, "Richard, put on pants."

"but I don't want to..." "Richard." "this is only gonna last a day, why does it ma- never mind I'll put them on.."

the mom noticed the kids and smiled, "the kids will be here in a few minutes, go get in nice clothes quickly!" ordered the cat-women the kids were rushed upstairs as the boys went through their clean clothes.

"first cleaning the house now nice clothes?!" asked Gumball, "mrs.mom just wants to be a good impression."

Darwin came out with a white buttoned up shirt and a pair of green and white shorts on with his black shoes, "it's not really bad," he spoke and flipped his hair dramatically.

gumball just rolled his eyes and which he grabbed a hold of a black long sleeve shirt with white trimming, he just pulled it over and put on a pair of black shorts with blue strips leading down.

"Kids come down here and meet the new people!" sighing the boys skipped down the steps and walked in the new developed living room.

"okay, y/n, Ben, this is my kids Gumball, Darwin, and Anais." the two kids in front waved shyly, the two next to each other very close together.

(I apologize greatly if you aren't a female or paired to a gender, it's just easier for me to write for females. but change pronouns if needed)

Gumball's eyes widened to meet the girl with the (e/c) eyes, her (h/c) hair with black streaks following along,

(if you have black hair, change the streaks to Purple)